Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAF replaced. Now it's supposed to be the catalytic. The guy who changed it said sometimes the error code can't tell the difference between the two.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Hmmm. Seems to me you're spending a lot of money replacing stuff that probably didn't need to be replaced. I wish I could remember the name of this old guy that does a video series on YouTube that teaches people how to diagnose stuff the old fashioned way (without code readers and such). He shows a lot of different things like listening to various engine sounds, testing stuff without modern tools (I remember one episode where he teaches you to figure out what cylinder is misfiring with just a couple things like a screwdriver and a bit of wire...it was awesome).

Lemme dig around and see if I can find those videos. They may be worth it for you guys.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Like a lot of other things, the catalytic makes sense...if it's confused with the MAF codewise...

They're planning to clean the catalytic thing out--I forget how Al put it, but basically they'll do something that will make the car a bit more noisy. We do not live in an emissions strict state though so there's no worries.

The sad thing is, the MAF desperately needed to be replaced anyway, it was warped all to hell.
        Last edited by Tama; 06-20-2015, 11:25 PM.
        My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Catalytic clean/gutted. The car is now WORSE.

It will now stall while idling.

Ugggh. A module problem? Please don't let this be a mulrtithousand fix!
          My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Usually Autozone, Advanced Auto ore a place like that will read the codes for free.
            I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Working...
            X