This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise in my Amazon package

I ordered a toiler trainer (one of the potty training things that goes on the regular toilet) on Amazon for my daughter and the package just arrived. I opened it up and was surprised to find a large (1qt) bottle of General Hydroponics Standard Reference Solution (the bottle says it's for "calibration of pH Meters and electrode storage") being used as packing material. It was wedged under the potty supposedly to support it in the box while in transit.

It's pretty clear to me that I got a returned item. My question is, should I contact Amazon about it? I'm not sure there's anything they could do about it but I'm mildly concerned about a large bottle of chemicals being shipped in a non-climate-controlled environment with something meant for my daughter. I also don't know anyone who works in a field related to hydroponics so I have no clue how to dispose of this stuff.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Assuming the US -- You are under no obligation to return something you never ordered. Call them, if you like -- if they want it back, they'll send you a pre-paid mailer. If not, they'll tell you to toss it (ask them about how to safely do so at that point).
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

*googles* I can't figure out the ingredients. However, I don't see any warning labels so I suspect it's basically mineral water with a guaranteed PH of 7.0. It sounds pretty harmless. It's also not expensive... see if anyone you know wants it?

Comment

"Surprise in my Amazon package"

It came with two cups in the bra?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

.... because Amazons supposedly cropped one so it wouldn't get in the way of their bowstrings?
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Wow. That's pretty obscure, even for this board. Good work! ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
              .... because Amazons supposedly cropped one so it wouldn't get in the way of their bowstrings?
              That's a myth. With the proper stance, even an EXTREMELY well-endowed woman (e.g. Dolly Parton) wouldn't have a problem with the bowstring. Also, major surgery like that in the days before sterile operating rooms would have a very high chance of a fatal infection. My guess is it was propaganda by other cultures trying to think of the most "un-feminine" thing possible for women warriors.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

IIRC, the Amazons were a myth in the first place... Unreasonable things piled on top of that doesn't make them any more mythical.
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                X