Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I get at least ONE right this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get at least ONE right this year?

My year has been pretty chaotic for various reasons. As a result I have missed four birthdays (brother, nephew, sister, niece). They will all get their birthday gifts in their Christmas parcels.

SIL's birthday is coming up. I can almost certainly get HER gift out on time, the chaos having pretty much flatlined (hopefully permanently).

So here's my question: do I get at least one gift out on time? Or do I just go "Fuck it" and send hers in the Christmas parcel, along with everybody else's, and swear (hope) to do better next year?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

What can you afford to do?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Just deal with it all when you can I realize you don't wanna upset anybody, but as long as they get there at all, I think it'll all be fine. Give them a call and let them know they'll get the goodies all at once.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
        What can you afford to do?
        I should be able to afford her gift on time ... but who knows ... at this point I'm not sure I want to bet the rent money on it.

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Just deal with it all when you can I realize you don't wanna upset anybody, but as long as they get there at all, I think it'll all be fine. Give them a call and let them know they'll get the goodies all at once.
        SIL's birthday is next month so yeah, I've got time to see how things roll before having to make a decision.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
        X