Not sure if I'm looking for advice or just commiseration.
There's been an announcement about increasing reports of bedbugs in my building. No signs in my unit, thank goodness.
But management has decided the solution is to treat ALL units.
And I have finally gotten some actual details (as opposed to rumours) on the situation.
They are doing roughly 2 floors per week. ALL units will be "treated" even if there's no signs of infestation (mine has no such signs, thank heavens).
For some reason they started on the 13th floor.
I'm on the 14th.
They won't get around to my floor until the end of November.

Okay, well, that's actually fine because the BIG issue is going to be my cats. I'm getting conflicting advice on what to do with them. The woman in the building's office said to lock them in the bathroom and put a towel under the door to prevent any of the spray getting to them.
A quick Google search said no, not good enough. Get them OUT.
My two cats will not let me pick them up, never mind put them into a carrier.
I called the company doing the treating. The rep I spoke to wouldn't/couldn't give me any actual advice. She said I had to catch an actual technician and ask them. Very helpful.
In order to board them at my vet's they must be up-to-date on their vaccines, which they are not (see above about them not letting me pick them up ....)
The cost of vaccines plus boarding is going to hit $400.
So I've thought of a sort of plan:
1) get some gabapentin (tranquilizer).
2) buy two cardboard carriers (the one cat in particular LUVVVS boxes, but the other one is fond of them too).
3) buy some refills for my two Feliway diffusers, so I can get them REALLY stoned.
4) Get each one to the vet ahead of time, so as to spread the financial misery around.
5) Hopefully by the end of November all I'll need is the cost of overnight boarding ($40 per night per cat). AND hope I can get them back into those carriers.
The alternative, of course, is to just make sure I save up the $400 (I've got a month to do so) and drag them to the vet ONCE. That would be easier on everybody.
Wish me luck.
There's been an announcement about increasing reports of bedbugs in my building. No signs in my unit, thank goodness.
But management has decided the solution is to treat ALL units.
And I have finally gotten some actual details (as opposed to rumours) on the situation.
They are doing roughly 2 floors per week. ALL units will be "treated" even if there's no signs of infestation (mine has no such signs, thank heavens).
For some reason they started on the 13th floor.
I'm on the 14th.
They won't get around to my floor until the end of November.

Okay, well, that's actually fine because the BIG issue is going to be my cats. I'm getting conflicting advice on what to do with them. The woman in the building's office said to lock them in the bathroom and put a towel under the door to prevent any of the spray getting to them.
A quick Google search said no, not good enough. Get them OUT.
My two cats will not let me pick them up, never mind put them into a carrier.
I called the company doing the treating. The rep I spoke to wouldn't/couldn't give me any actual advice. She said I had to catch an actual technician and ask them. Very helpful.
In order to board them at my vet's they must be up-to-date on their vaccines, which they are not (see above about them not letting me pick them up ....)
The cost of vaccines plus boarding is going to hit $400.

So I've thought of a sort of plan:
1) get some gabapentin (tranquilizer).
2) buy two cardboard carriers (the one cat in particular LUVVVS boxes, but the other one is fond of them too).
3) buy some refills for my two Feliway diffusers, so I can get them REALLY stoned.
4) Get each one to the vet ahead of time, so as to spread the financial misery around.
5) Hopefully by the end of November all I'll need is the cost of overnight boarding ($40 per night per cat). AND hope I can get them back into those carriers.

The alternative, of course, is to just make sure I save up the $400 (I've got a month to do so) and drag them to the vet ONCE. That would be easier on everybody.
Wish me luck.


Comment