This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Eireann!

I got your pm, but I can't respond back to it because your mailbox here on cs is full.

I'd love to show you around haunted Asheville. Clear some space so I can pm my email address to you and we can hammer down the logistics.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

• Space cleared! Go for it!

Oh, and by the way -

When this trip happens, and I've decided that it's not IF, it's WHEN, I will post here. Anyone who wants to meet up can PM me and get an email address, which I will create specifically for this trip. I won't post the address here, since I'll get spammed all the time, but I will send it in PMs to interested parties.

Will you all send me good energy for making this trip happen the way I want it, and soon?
      Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 07-11-2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Roundabout Dec. 2002, the MOTH took me to a psychiatric facility. The old parts were kinda scary. The new parts were (sadly) modern.

I wish I could remember the name and location. Somewhere in NY State, I believe.

Quoth Jester View Post
        Sleepy Hollow, New York. Yes, THAT Sleepy Hollow. Where Washington Irving wrote that creepy story. It used to simply be North Tarrytown, and Sleepy Hollow was the cemetery, but apparently in 1996 residents voted to change the name. Spooky residents, it sounds like.
        Been there!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Eireann View Post
          Bobby Mackey's Bar in Kentucky. Anyone been there?
          15 mins from me. If you come here, I'll be glad to hang wit' ya!
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

• Hey, yeah! I'd probably be safe - the bar is supposed to be dangerous mostly for women in the fifth month of pregnancy, due to that brutal murder of a pregnant woman all those years ago, but I'm safe, being not at all pregnant.

Nor will I be.

Keep those suggestions coming!

Comment

Keep those suggestions coming!
              Hey again. Did you get my pm with my email? Feel free to let me know what's up... I'd love to show you around my town.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

• Yes, I got it. Thanks! I'll email you.

I do appreciate all the people who have contributed to this thread. When I started it, I was truly desperate. I had no idea what I was going to do. It was the long-in-coming breakdown that I had been expecting for some time; I just didn't know when it would hit. When it did, IT DID.

This thread helps me to focus on the future, rather than dwelling on the past, which is very important, so in addition to being very interesting, it's therapeutic.

Comment

• Some more random places I've been that you may enjoy (and if I repeat myself, well, hell, these things happen):

Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Provincetown is really cool, but there are many other parts to the Cape that rock.

Dorney Park, PA. Great amusement park!

Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH. Great amusement park! Especially if you love roller coasters!

The Jersey Shore. Despite that wretched tv show, really cool place!

Wine Country, California: Napa and Sonoma. You don't have to drink to love the process of making wine OR the beautiful country that they do it in.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                    The Jersey Shore. Despite that wretched tv show, really cool place!
                    Jersey gets a bad rap.

Hey, if you decide to come visit, let me know!
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Jersey has a bad rap because, frankly, much of Jersey sucks.

That being said, while I will berate, mock, and ridicule New Jersey fairly often, having lived there for five (relatively miserable) years, I will be the first in line to defend the Jersey Shore from critics. For the Jersey Shore ROCKS.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• I do like amusement parks. I also like haunted-house attractions. I like ghost tours, especially those that actually go into haunted buildings, even overnight. Any tips on those?

Also, nature. Some unspoiled, stunningly beautiful places.

Comment

I do like amusement parks. I also like haunted-house attractions. I like ghost tours, especially those that actually go into haunted buildings, even overnight. Any tips on those?

Great Adventure isn't far from the Jersey Shore...
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

California: Redwood Forest.
                            Wine country, Napa and Sonoma. You don't have to drink wine to appreciate the natural beauty of this region.

Arizona: Grand Canyon.
                            White Moutains/Salt River Canyon. Most beautiful place on earth I've ever been.
                            Indian cliff settlement ruins near Flagstaff.

Montana: Battle of Little Big Horn battlefield.
                            Glacier National Park (or so I've heard...haven't been to this one).
                            Hell, most of Montana is stunning.

Massachusetts: Cape Cod.

Florida: The Everglades. Only the Redwood Forest has ever made me feel as isolated and alone.

Kentucky: Cumberland Falls State Resort Park.

New York: Niagara Falls. (Never been to this one either, but duh.)

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Unusual museums? Haunted roads/bridges/buildings? Interesting festivals? Big food events?

Comment

Big food events?
                                Gilroy Garlic Festival in Gilroy, California. I've always wanted to go. Not sure when it is, but pretty sure it's in the summer, maybe in August. Easy to look up on the net.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X