This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy advice

Ok - I got prescriptions from my local Meijer. The printout they gave me didn't have dates on them, so my insurance asked my to get a printout from them with dates. So I go to meijer, and the printout they give me has all the medicine I've gotten there before - save the two I needed. So I return with prescription numbers, and still no luck. So I thought I'd wright a letter to them to hopefully get this resolved. Here's what I wrote - I was wondering if this letter is okay:

To whom it may concern:
    Hello, I am Joseph Hendrix, a Meijer pharmacy customer. On April 28, 2010 I received two prescriptions. When I sent in the paperwork to my insurance company for reimbursement, they informed me that the dates the prescription were filled were absent from the paperwork. The insurance representative told me I only needed Meijer to print a summary sheet for my prescriptions. When I returned to Meijer and received the printout, I noticed these two prescriptions were not on the printout. Because of this, I copied the prescription number, medicine type, and date from off of the bottles and returned to Meijer, hoping that this would help the pharmacy staff retrieve said dates and give me a proper printout. Unfortunately, they were still unable to do so. I was hoping someone “higher up” could look into this and give me the proper paperwork to receive my reimbursement. Failing this, if the prescriptions are truly “lost in the system” I would like a gift card totaling the amount I would have been reimbursed ($67.56).

The following is the information from my prescription bottles:

Rx# Medicine Price
    Rx# xxxxxxxxx Paroxetine 20mg $48.69
    Rx# xxxxxxxxx Benztropine 2mg $18.87

Also, the store’s address that I received the medicine from is as follows:
    Meijer #107
    street
    city

Thank you for your time,

Me
    Of course the final draft would have the actual Rx#, etc.

Thanks!
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

You letter is a bit choppy, a bit redundent in some areas (you use Meijer like five times). I hope I don't offend. I started doing tidbits here and there then I just got on a roll :\ I left out the gift card part because it just sounds like fishing. If they lost the record of filling your script, the DEA would be all over them like flies on shit.

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Joseph Hendrix. On April 28th 2010 I received two prescriptions at a Meijer pharmacy in store #107. When I sent in the paperwork to my insurance company for reimbursement they informed me that prescription refill were absent. The insurance representative told me I needed a summary sheet for my prescriptions from the pharmacy. When I returned to Meijer and received the printout these two prescriptions [rx #, rx #] were not on the printout. I copied the prescription number, medicine type, and date from the bottles and returned to the pharmacy, hoping that this would help the staff retrieve said dates and give me a proper printout. Unfortunately, they were still unable to do so. [reason?] I am contacting you to have this further investigated so my insurance company can reimburse me for the cost.

The following is the information from my prescription bottles:

Rx# Medicine Price
    Rx# xxxxxxxxx Paroxetine 20mg $48.69
    Rx# xxxxxxxxx Benztropine 2mg $18.87

The store’s address that I received the medicine from is as follows:
    Meijer #107
    street
    city

Best Regards,

Me
    edit: my comma skills suck according to my english professors, so take that under advisement.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Sorry, Whiskey, but I don't see why reimbursement cannot be called for in this case, it is not as if the gift card being requested is any higher value than the reimbursement would have been, and it is clear that the gift card is only being requested in the case that the paperwork for the reimbursement cannot be supplied, so i think it is a valid thing to request.
      Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Don't worry, Whiskey, you don't offend. I put this on here for advice, so it'd be silly to be offended. Thanks for the edit, it does sound better than what I typed (although I will have to add commas ).

Honestly what I think happened is that they got me in the system twice. Maybe a misspelling or something. Meijer did just switch to a new computer system, so I guess it could've been lost in the transfer somehow. The people working in the pharmacy are always too busy to really *search* the system or be of any help, but I didn't want to mention that because I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

Also, I really wanted advice from one of CS's pharmacy people too.
        To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
        my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Working...
        X