This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Really Like My Favourite Food

Recently in an attempt to be healthy I've been really thinking about the food I eat.

I've noticed that - I don't actually like french fries rather I like the salt and vinegar and Ketchup I put on them.

I also don't much like chocolate it's slimy and too sweet, and yet I crave something in it.

I also don't much like soda drinks they are too sweet and taste artificial...............and yet I like to drink them.

I think I'm getting somewhere in understand things with this food analysis.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

If you crave a specific type of food, it's often because your body wants something that's in it.

Now, that could be some trace mineral, or vitamin, or other nutrient that your body knows will be gotten with the food in question.

I have yet to figure out what is in the cake I get cravings for every so often, but since I really like the cake, I haven't really tried.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

i have OCD and i know the feeling when you like the taste of something, but the texture just gets me all wrong.

Though, i do know that there are certain foods i want to eat only on the bias that i like the texture of it. I literally want a food product bc i like the way it feels in my mouth. O.o
      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

I agree w/ you about milk chocolate, but high-quality dark chocolate (75% or more cocoa solids) isn't slimy or too sweet.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
          I've noticed that - I don't actually like french fries rather I like the salt and vinegar and Ketchup I put on them.
          Vinegar isn't terrible for you. I don't really worry too much about my salt intake, but I don't really eat a lot of salt. Try reduced sugar ketchup.

and yet I crave something in it.
          Chocolate releases endorphins, makes you feel good. Like someone else said, try dark chocolate. I eat 70-75% Lindt Cocoa Bars. 3 squares is a serving, but 1 square usually tides me over for a while because its so.... dense (youll understand what i mean if you eat one). I put 2 squares in some mint tea this morning and let them melt, pretty good.

I also don't much like soda drinks they are too sweet and taste artificial...............and yet I like to drink them.
          Idle drinking? I keep a bottle of water near me. If possible for you, don't keep soda in the house. A lot of "diets" fail due to accessibility of bad food. You can't eat it if its not there. Are you really going to get up, get dressed, leave the house, drive to the store, to pick up some coke?

The brain processes thirst as hunger way more often than people think. Thats why people say drinking water helps you lose weight. A) youre not drinking your calories (you should try to avoid drinking your calories as much as possible) and B) Youre giving your brain what it wants, not what its saying it wants, so you feel satisfied. Nothing replaces water in your system like water. Soda, juice, etc are never a good substitute for water. I'm guilty as sin of idle drinking. I've drank 100oz of water today. I got up at 8AM and its currently 12:45. I just sit and sip. When its things like soda, the calories add up. Even if its diet, that much sugar (or asparatame) completely screws up your blood sugar and makes you crave even more sugar.
          Last edited by Whiskey; 10-18-2010, 07:45 PM.
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Oh, I do a LOT of idle drinking.

Since I switched to idle-drinking water, I've also lost a lot of fat. Painlessly.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

i'm a big fan of idle-drinking water. i use the bathroom more than i used to...but i eat less because i drink more water and it takes up room in my stomach. lol save on groceries, that for sure.
              If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
              ^_^

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
                i have OCD and i know the feeling when you like the taste of something, but the texture just gets me all wrong.

Though, i do know that there are certain foods i want to eat only on the bias that i like the texture of it. I literally want a food product bc i like the way it feels in my mouth. O.o
                I really love wet crunchy, like radishes, celery, jicama, cucumber sticks - I don't like dry crunchy like crackers, crisps, toast, unless there is something on it like preserves or soft cheese or dip/salsa. I really don't tend to eat a lot of carby crunchy snacks though.

I prefer hummus with celery or other veggie sticks than on pita or pita chips.

I love the texture of a classic egg custard, it is one of my very young childhood comfort foods [I spent a lot of time ill with pneumonia before I was 12 I had been hospitalized with pneumonia once per year, some years two to three times. I had crappy lungs =(] but I don't like pudding, there is actually a distinct texture difference.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I crave the weirdest things sometimes....like chickin nuggets and bagel bites and cake. And Chef Boyardee. And I idle-drink, but I can't stand water.

That's interesting, though...I agree it's probably 'cause you need something in it.
                  "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                  "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                  Amayis is my wifey

Comment

If you don't like water, you could try a mild tea, or something else that is nearly water, but not quite.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                      I crave the weirdest things sometimes....like chickin nuggets and bagel bites and cake. And Chef Boyardee. And I idle-drink, but I can't stand water.
                      You crave fat and sugar which is not odd at all.
                      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Also, you might not like it (different people like different things) but try ice cold water. There is a world of difference imo.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

When I get sick of just drinking water, I usually add a packet of lemonade mix- or whatever flavor packet is handy.

Comment

Ellain, don't come to my house. For some reason (*looking in the direction of the man of the household*) we have random ramen noodle flavor packets...
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                              Also, you might not like it (different people like different things) but try ice cold water. There is a world of difference imo.
                              Quoted for truth. Also, I really like sparkling waters. I get the fizziness without sugar or chemicals. And they allow me to taste my food. But flat water--really cold--is good.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X