This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else?

I'm not given to conspiracy theries or real depression I'm not even really depressed at my work problems right now.I've always been kind of go lucky thinking that whatever will happen will happen no point worrying.

But right now and for some time I've had this weird feeling I can't shake off.NOW, maybe its uneasiness due to the reports of earthquakes volcanoes and terror activities.

But although those things concern me this is more a feeling of "maybe these are the last few years we will have in an odered society with enough food".

i look at food prices climbing and climbing and just wonder.

the last time i felt like this was on the so-called eve of nuclear war some thirty years ago.

just a feeling that something bad was on the way.

i trust you guys enough to say this and maybe i'm just depressed. but does anyone else feel it?
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Woop another Brit!

I don't think you are alone. I have a similar uneasy feeling about things. It could be (if you are depressed) you may be extra sensitive to worry and uncertainty. Unfortunately, there probably isn't a whole lot we can do, just make the best of the situation.

PM me if you are upset and want to talk

Comment

I feel it too, I have this real urge to get my garden sorted out as soon as possible thanks to the rising prices. The only hurdle I faced is proving to my husband that it is possible get the garden to pay for itself... my huge nearly-organic zucchinis have already paid for their garden bed even though they share it with some sweetcorn, and they're still happily producing. The silverbeet paid for itself 3 times over before rotting (bad drainage, I think) and all my herbs are 'paying' for my flowers now. Beans, tomatoes, capsicum, carrots, garlic, raspberries, youngberries, strawberries, a baby grape vine, meyer lemon, coffee, blood orange, mango, random baby citrus seedling and a volunteer rockmelon vine are all thriving as well, thanks to the weather.

Now I need to get a water tank!
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I wish I had enough room for a good self sustaining garden.....I would love to just provide some of my own food.

And climbing food prices doesn't make me feel good....sigh.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth shadowpanda View Post
          Woop another Brit!

I don't think you are alone. I have a similar uneasy feeling about things. It could be (if you are depressed) you may be extra sensitive to worry and uncertainty. Unfortunately, there probably isn't a whole lot we can do, just make the best of the situation.

PM me if you are upset and want to talk
          Hi Shadowpanda!

Thanks for the offer!

Maybe I should stop watching the news these volcanoes and earthquakes just seem to be constant.I know we don't get them in the UK but I feel so bad for those people who are affected.
          Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

It's wonderful you have a sense of empathy for other people, it is a trait that many people don't seem to have anymore.
            It breaks my heart to see things like earthquakes devastate the lives of so many people, but the one that really got me recently was the Chillian miners story. All those people being kept apart from their loved ones really hit me hard (I'm a great big soppy person and unwanted distance between loved ones knocks me on my ass every time, even in fiction). The miners tale at least ended happily but I know for so many people, lives can never recover from some disasters.
            I know some people who don't watch the news as it upsets them and makes them feel helpless.
            I don't want to tell you how to cope, as everyone is different, but maybe not watching the news is a start

Comment

Working...
            X