This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why me? (warning language)

This Christmas my Grandmother asked if I could spend Christmas with her and exteneded family and I checked with my immediate family if I could go over Christmas day for a few hours. Normally no harm. Right? Wrong! It started this big old guilt trip about whose been there for you and what not and how you only contact your exteneded family once a year yada yada yada. *note* my immediate family has no vendetta with my extended family so I don't see what the damned deal is* Now they are making me feel like the scum that comes off the scum of dogshit and they are saying "you can spend every Christmas with them from now on rather than us. You don't need to have Christmas Breakfast with us or open gifts with us in the morning., or sleep in the front room with your cousins like you did every year. Last year was your last year being as you won't be spending Christmas with us anymore. NICe huh?! Well I said its only one year and they said just go to your grandmas every year...we don't care. Its like what the fuck?!? Why are you making me feel like shit??? I bet you wouldn't say this shit if my mom were still around. (she was the peace keeper.

So nice to feel like this on the holidays. If this is how its going to be then maybe I am better off elsewhere where I won't be made to feel lower than dogshit. They even insisted I open my Christmas gifts tonight rather than Christmas day.

why are they doing this and what the hell did I do to desrve this??

*note* My family isnt like this all the time but once every so often I am the one chosen to be shit upon. It is a rarety that this happens though*

I don't even talk to my family about problems anymore...I either talk to the family dog or cats because I know they won't judge me and they like me no matter what.
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Uuuuh.

Wow.

You want to spend time with your grandma and some of your extended family, so your immediate family tells you to take a hike? It's not like you're ditching them for the entire holiday to go spend time with complete strangers. It's still family you're going to hang out with. Holy shit.

Can you take any gifts you got for your immediate family that they haven't unwrapped and get the hell out of there? I'd be tempted to do that in your situation. It doesn't sound like they're worth spending time or money on, so grant their request to get out and go spend the holidays with the rest of your family. Sounds like they'd actually be grateful to see you.

Comment

Wow indeed. I can't understand this kind of reaction, especially since you've spent every other holiday with them. I agree with Maggie - I think its time to get out of there for good. Obviously your presence isn't appreicated OR desired - time to find someplace where it is and le them pound sand.
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

It's obvious that this is being used as an excuse to hurt you. Whether it is temporary due to holiday stress, or just nasty people looking for a reason to hurt ANYBODY, really doesn't matter. If you are happy to associate with them normally, keep doing so. It sounds like they are just mean and cruel people and don't want you around. I'd simply take that as an invitation to cut them out of your life and walk away.

Family can hurt you in ways that no-one else can. Some people relish this fact. Reading a few words on a screen, I can't know everything.. But when you are polite, and ask permission (which you shouldn't need anyway) to change the holiday.. and get THAT response?? Thank you for clearing things up.. have a nice life!

I'd let them know that they screwed up, owe you an apology, and you won't be responding to any other contact BUT an apology. If they ever apologize (their type always tries "Well.. I'm sorry BUT...) then I'd speak to them again..

I haven't talked to my brother in five years, don't think I ever will again. Some people aren't worth your time.

Comment

Working...
        X