This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing Trouble

So my friends and I live in the same apartment complex that provides tenant parking at a cost added into our rent. They have clearly marked lines on the pavement and along the curb showing parking stalls. They also plow the pavement for the most part, but this is where the issue comes in.

This evening when A went to park in her stall there is so much snow on her right side of the stall (not plowed) that the line is no longer visible. Her car is literally at an angle. The owners of the stall to her right deem her over the line, call a tow company, and get her towed with no notice to her or her fiancee. They just get ready to head out for evening festivities and their car is gone.

Its really hard to find anything about laws or regulations for this sort of thing in my area (edmonton alberta canada). Everyone we talked to, the towing company, and the landlords said there was nothing they could do about it, pay up now because they are shutting the gates at 7pm since there are to many drunks out for them to shut the doors at their usual time of 9pm.

Any advice on any methods to pursue this? They are extremely livid and are shouting for legal recourse but I want to see how much they can really do about this sort of thing.

Thanks
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

sorry, no advice, but I will say that's very rude of the neighbors, especially if they knew to who the car belonged, all they had to do was call or knock on the door and ask your friend to repark at a better angle.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
    X