X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This question for the woman ONLY PLEASE

So I have a question has any women here even been on ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO
    birth control pills. I was just wondering if so what was your experience? Mine is weight gain,loss of app, huge boob growth, and practically no bleeding during period.

I took them and had no weird side effects but did have a lighter period, which is expected from the pill.
    There are many different brands out there. Talk to your doctor about changing brands if you aren't happy with the side effects.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
      There are many different brands out there. Talk to your doctor about changing brands if you aren't happy with the side effects.
      i second that. it took me a while to figure out that regular ortho works best for me. i tried lo, but it gave me weird mood swings.
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

All I know is the pills I was on (Ocella) Made my boobs like explode in hugeness...went from a B to a DD in three months...my back will never be the same
        Doctor switched me to Ortho novum, and my boobs went down to a D. Hubby cried.
        I was super evil crying woman though on the other ones, like suicidally depressed sometimes. But these ones I'm on now are better, so I just get weepy instead of like I was, but I'm still a murder beast on my periods.
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I've been on Ortho tricyclin, and it's close counter parts for 8 years now. I have gained and lossed weight throughout the entire time. 95% of the time, my periods are nearly not there. To clarify...they are so light, there is hardly any reason to wear protection. I used to have my period for only 5 days, it's decreased them to 3 days for most of the time. Recently they have increased back to the original time frame.

Cramps are before the period, rather than with the period.

The medication is supposed to help with face acne as well, but i haven't seen an improvement from it. Rather, i've not seen it get WORSE, but not really better.

Most of the time, acne is in and around the "offensive" week, but during the off weeks, it's rather light.

When i forget a pill and have to take two the next day, i do find spotting when i go to the bathroom the next day, and it takes about 24 hrs for it to completely stop (dependant on which week i forget to take it.)

Please note i take the type that has 3 different strength levels, so my experiences may be different to the constant strength kind.

Other than the aformentioned stuff, i can't think of anything that i get from the meds. No headaches, withdrawl when forgetting meds, or even heart/other problems.
          I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

I got on birth control - just happened to be Ortho TriCyclen Lo - because my periods were making me miserable. When I had to rush through a midterm because I was having a hot flash, a cold sweat, nausea, horrible pain and feeling faint all at once, I knew I had to do something. And I figured my mother wouldn't believe me if I said I wanted to be on the pill to help with periods, I just snuck down to the local PP for help.

I was on Ortho TriCyclen Lo for three months and by the end of the first packet of pills, I had no symptoms of my period besides the bleeding. Not even cramps. I hardly knew I had my period. Besides that, I went up a cup size and gained about six pounds (was fasting long-term at the time, so that made me very upset). No changes to my flow either.

Other than that, no issues. I don't know how well it would have worked as contraception since I was not sexually active. Ever since, I have not gotten those horrid symptoms back. I still get cramps and might get the occasional hot flash and mood swings, but those cold sweats never returned. Strange.

Comment

Working...
            X