This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell do girls flirt?

Been told recently and repeatedly that girls have hit on me quite often in the past, but so utterly convinced mentally that no girl would want me that I never noticed, though my friends and family certainly notice and think it's funny that I can't see it, even when it's painfully obvious.

What do girls do to flirt anyway? So I can notice it rather then being an idiot.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

My method was usually walking up to the guy I was interested in and saying "Hey, you're cute. Wanna go out?"

I'm about as subtle as a brick to the head.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
      Been told recently and repeatedly that girls have hit on me quite often in the past, but so utterly convinced mentally that no girl would want me that I never noticed, though my friends and family certainly notice and think it's funny that I can't see it, even when it's painfully obvious.

What do girls do to flirt anyway? So I can notice it rather then being an idiot.
      If it's any consolation to you, I have the same problem . . . just reverse the genders. I can't tell when a guy is giving me the signals either.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Um...I'm a girl and have no idea? One of my friends tried to teach me her way which was a lot of touching, so I suppose that's one indicator...

Personally, I always tended to just talk to guys. And if I liked them, I tended to talk to them more and try to sit closer. So proximity might be one clue to look for.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I have no clue, I can miss signs that apparently others can see from space, cause I get that all the time. I'm with my father, brother, cousin, whatever and they are like "Didn't you notice that girl flirting with you?" ... no .. no I did not. I can't say I've never dated before now..but every one that I have has not exactly been subtle about it. Which is a good thing.

Just need to find you a more outgoing person.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I don't know either!

I've been told I've flirted a time or two, when in reality, its been more like I've leaned in a little to hear what someone is saying on account of being half deaf; or one spectacular one where some bloke accused me of batting my eyelashes at him to get a bigger tip while working bar. He obviously wasn't good in the sight department himself as he missed that I was blinking a lot over red watery eyes as my contacts had decided to irritate the hell out of me!

I'm another oblivious one when it comes to signs too, probably on account of me being overweight & not overloaded in self esteem, I think if anyone is looking at me its because of that, not that they're interested
            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post

I think you are about as blind as I am to the flirting thing Plaid. I had my Ex point out to me some serious flirting behavior on many occasions and I still missed it.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I steal hats. But that's just me. Otherwise I too am about as subtle as a brick.

Comment

Another flirt-clueless male here. Any girl who wants me better be blunt about it, and when I have to express interest, being blunt is the only way I know that has any chance of working.
                  Last edited by taurinejunkie; 02-15-2011, 03:14 PM.
                  Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

As a girl...I wish I knew. I've been accused of flirting many times when I swear I just said "hi" and when I was interested, the guys never seemed to get it. Maybe somebody who is saying that can point it out when they see it (or shortly thereafter once she's out of earshot). Maybe that will help you find out what they're referring to.
                    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                      If it's any consolation to you, I have the same problem . . . just reverse the genders. I can't tell when a guy is giving me the signals either.
                      Ditto...

Double ditto.

Etc, etc, etc...usually, I have to be told "Hello? That guy is flirting with/expressing interest in you!!"

I'm quite dense, too.

Wish I had advice for you, Plaidy, I really do, but...yeah...

*hugs*

Comment

When girls are flirting, they generally smile a lot, which can also be considered being friendly. Occasionally, they also get distracted by your body. If they laugh at all your jokes, they're generally flirting. If they're nervous, they're often attracted, or just shy.

See? It's not that your stupid, women are just masters of mixed-signals.

When it comes to men, most women consider any sort of attention given to another women is considered flirting. Unless the guy is 'clearly' gay. Men kinda get shafted in this area, no matter what you do, someone is gonna think you're flirting.
                        "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

I... I don't know. Every girl thinks she's being painfully obvious in her interest, even when all she does is linger half a second longer near you than is strictly required. But since every girl does it differently we're all kinda SOL unless you know the person flirting with you.

Wish I could help you Plaid.
                          Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Only one I recognized was when she set the sleeping bag on fire...

With both of us in it.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Lube's not that expensive, mate.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X