Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just looking for some form of support really...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's been and looked already she went as soon as she'd been to the chemotherapy suite yesterday.

Comment

*hughughug* and prayers too.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

**ANOTHER UPDATE*

Well, she went for her first round of chemotherapy today and there's something wrong with the enzymes in her liver so she couldn't start chemo, and she has to have a scan next Wednesday

Comment

Well POOH!

Start developing a collection of lovely headscarves and bandanas, btw.

She can use them even afterwards, as accent pieces for her general wardrobe.

If you have a Muslim community anywhere near you, they do fantastically gorgeous head coverings in a variety of styles, and have numerous ways to wear them. While covering the hair when outside is a religious observance for them, the manner of the covering is traditional rather than religious: the ones near me are happy to offer advice and suggestions to non-Muslims who want to cover their heads.

The only issue might be that if she uses a Muslim traditional method of tying a headscarf, she may be mistaken for one. As I understand it, there are some parts of the world where that could be a problem.
          Last edited by Seshat; 11-11-2011, 01:16 AM.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Thanks Seshat I think she's chosen a wig by now though because her idea was to have her head shaved either just before or just after her first chemo, which should have been yesterday.

Comment

There will still be days when she doesn't want to wear a wig, but still wants to keep her head covered. (eg, hot sunny days).
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Seshat, that's a good point. She has her scan tomorrow, so I should know more then.

Comment

Hope everything goes well with the scan, big <hugs> to you and her, and the family.
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Thanks Seraph. <big hugs> She gets the results tomorrow, and she's now got her wig.

Comment

Wishing her luck!
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Something else in the way of head coverings: think about some pretty hats. Some of the Victorian-clothing places online have some seriously gorgeous stuff.

Comment

Some good news. The scan results show she has gall stones, so while that means she must have another operation, we are just relieved it is not the spread of the cancer.

Comment

That is good to hear, at the same time ouchies though.
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Coming from someone who has had her gallbladder out, I can tell you that she will be REALLY happy to be rid of those gallstones!
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Well, the operation is tomorrow and they hope to start chemo this Thursday, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X