This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work advice/ life advice

I am returning back to school full time in the fall. I don't have a job at this time but will start looking for one when I move to the university town in 4 weeks.

I need to earn $1000/ month to support myself during this time and so far all my private student loans have been turned down. I can't apply for government ones (I am in Canada) and so I can't rely on loans.

I will have a roommate paying $550 a month that includes their utilities so I have to come up with $450 a month. I have 2-3 days I can work as I am not in school fri, sat, sun.

I desperately do not want to go back into retail. My last retail job just confirmed that I can't do it. My body can't take standing at a register for hours at a time, my anxiety and stress levels can not take another 6 months of being told off by 6 different managers who all want things done THEIR way.

What other jobs can I get that could earn me $110 a week?
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

I also worked in the campus bookstore. They're very flexible with students as long as you have enough hours available to work. It would reduce the amount of managers depending on its size (we had only one), but you would be at a cash most of the time dealing with fellow idiots and their parents. I had a lot of fun

The library might be interesting. Check out the campus map and its surroundings; there could be something you wouldn't have thought of jump out at you. A lot of my friends got jobs within walking distance of school.

Comment

Patio Kitty my spouce earns too much for me to get them and we are in too much debt for his wages to cover private ones.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

What skills do you have that you can use for something outside of retail or even fast food? If there's an employment agency , see what kind of jobs they can get for you that match your qualifications, pay rate you're looking for and such.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Something like data entry might suit if you don't want to be anywhere near customers - they're usually quite flexible with hours (it doesn't matter when stuff gets done, as long as it does), and they sometimes let you work from home. The pay can be good/bad depending on what you can find. Definitely have a chat to an employment agency and see what they can suggest!
          I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Working...
          X