This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Services Rep

Hey, all! Lurked often, and finally decided to join. I thought my job would just be a temporary gig, a month or so at most, but almost eight months in and nary another job in the area to be found offering full time hours and this pay...so, I'm going to stick around a bit.

My job is phone-based, but dealing with well over 100 customers on a daily basis, I've had my share of sucky ones. Also had a few when I worked fast food in college. Egad. But I digress.

Anyway, I love reading these stories, and seeing that there are others who can commiserate. I can commiserate with my coworkers, but some things need vented about even further than that. And I don't want to be "that guy" (or gal, whatever) who talks about their job to their friends who are just like, "Yeah, that's...cool," without actually being able to quite get what I'm talking about.

And I work a freaking swing shift - 11:45 to 8:15 - so on the days I work...negative customer experiences are pretty much the most eventful thing that happens in my day.

I must also say that I'm a Financial Services Rep for a cellular provider, which is a kind of fancy and glorified way of saying "first party collections." I'm able to make minor account changes and explain things about the company to people, but ultimately, my job is to collect money and set payment arrangements and post-dated payments.

And seeing as my job is incentive based, I do push for those post-dated payments at any available opportunity.

Anyway...rather lengthy introduction.

TL;DR - Hey, I'm a bill collector, and I experience sucky customers on the daily.

Man, you must have gobs of stories of SC's at your job! Welcome to CS!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
    X