X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn you customers suck!

AHHH

I have become completely addicted to this site, caused a real work slowdown this week!

Well I've been interacting with customers for a VERY long time. When I was a kid my parents opened an independent gas station in the BIGGEST hick town in Southern California, so my formative years were spent thwarting the inevitability of the SC. Yes my Pop's had me working way before I reached double digits - damn that work ethic - but I have some great stories.

Anyway, work from home now doing some consulting and I can't wait to share those suck stories, but I've also got a few from a huge bookstore that shall not be named, the college restaurant from hell, and of course my beloved gas station.

I can't wait to read more and share my own stories from the front lines.

Ooh, bookstore stories! We can commiserate

Sadly, there is not a 12-step program for this addiction, but that's OK, cuz we don't suffer from this addiction. We enjoy every minute of it! (to paraphrase another phrase I have on a post-it somewhere.)

Welcome to CS!

-ams-
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hi, my name is Luna and I've been bookstore free for 4 years...

Please tell us and welcome!
      If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
        Hi, my name is Luna and I've been bookstore free for 4 years...

Please tell us and welcome!
        Hey, I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of being bookstore-free. (May 31, to be precise.) Do I get a chip for that? or a cookie at least?

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Sadly, there is not a 12-step program for this addiction, but that's OK, cuz we don't suffer from this addiction. We enjoy every minute of it! (to paraphrase another phrase I have on a post-it somewhere.)
          From a TV show:

Doctor: Do you suffer from dizzy spells?
          Patient: No.
          Doctor: Me neither. I find them relaxing.
          I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

to CS, platypus.
            I totally loved the SC gas station story. "You saw what?"

Keep 'em coming.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Hey, I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of being bookstore-free. (May 31, to be precise.) Do I get a chip for that? or a cookie at least?
              Sure! Heck, you can have 2 cookies!

So, what do you want? Chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, or do you want to be really daring and go for the double chocolate?
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                Sure! Heck, you can have 2 cookies!

So, what do you want? Chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, or do you want to be really daring and go for the double chocolate?
                Can I have 1 chocolate chip and 1 double chocolate? Ooh, I'll need milk with that... :rummages in the fridge:

Comment

Working...
                X