This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello! I've been lurking around this forum for a week or two. I have to say that I can so relate to what I've read on the forum thus far. I'm an on again off again college student, and work part-time to full-time in a convenience store depending on my class schedule each semester. As a convenience store clerk, I have quite a few horror stories about dealings with difficult customers. In fact, I'm of the belief that everyone should be required to work with the general public in a fast food or retail setting at some point in their lives just so they know what it's like to be on the service side of the counter. I'm now 29 years old, and I've consistently worked at some kind of job dealing with the public since I was 16. I've also lived through my share of battles with sucky bosses and co-workers, too. Luckily, there are no issues with bosses or co-workers at my present job. I seem to get along pretty well with everyone behind the counter at work. Like all customer service jobs, there are plenty of good customers who help to make the work day more bearable, some of the regulars even make it enjoyable and fun when they visit.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Hello and welcome to the boards, good to see you made the all-important leap from just a lurker to a member

I agree that everyone should have to work in a (crappy) customer service role at some point. Although, sometimes even if they have done, they are still sucky customers!
    I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
    another time, this world would fade away
    To find true love, is like no other joy,
    our choice is here
    be happy for today

Comment

Hey, welcome to the boards. Come on in and start sharing! Oh, and can I get a blue slurpee? ;p
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

LOL! No blue slurpees at my store. We only have Sunkist orange and Hawaiian Punch slushes from one of those Gourmet Ice machines.

Yes, it's true that some former customer service types do make sucky customers. For that matter, some people just plain suck no matter what the circumstances, but the rest of us can rejoice in the fact that what goes around comes around, especially when we get the privilege of witnessing it.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

to CS, aurelemsrealm.
          Great posts so far. It's nice to see new members so active and fitting right in.

Sorry I didn't say hi sooner.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Excellent

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
            I've been lurking around this forum for a week or two. I have to say that I can so relate to what I've read on the forum thus far.
            <snip>
            Like all customer service jobs, there are plenty of good customers who help to make the work day more bearable, some of the regulars even make it enjoyable and fun when they visit.
            Bula!.....I was looking for something info through the internet on customers and colleagues and found this site. I am still styding at college and wishes to become a Chef. I too have experienced alot when dealing customers and have have positive feedback though sometimes you have to embrace life to the fullest when encoutering problem. After reading your comments I sometimes faced the same problem that you do. I wish all the best on your work and meeting your customers.
            Last edited by Ree; 07-05-2007, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X