X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A shy hello

Hi.

Call me Sparky.

I've been an on-and-off member of past incarnations of this board, and an on-and-off lurker when things are slow at work.

I don't work in retail, but life is full of customers anyway. I used to work with the public -- well, I still do, I mean, I haven't won the lottery so I haven't retired to live in luxury, and I don't work under a rock, but now I work as a secretary at a university, which I like to refer to as ESU (Enormous State University, a name I blatantly stole from the comic strip Tank McNamara). I used to be a city bus driver, and worked with the real PUBLIC. The SCs of the world.

When things are slow at work, as they sometimes are in the summer, I sometimes drop by CS to exorcise some of the sucky-customer brain damage I still have. Things have been slow lately; I've been by here a lot. I finally couldn't stand it anymore, and had to register again and de-lurk.

Here's a quick story for you. Stupidest question ever in my 18 years of bus driving: I pulled up to an apartment complex one day, it was a holiday, and this particular coot looked up and exclaimed, "Oh honey! Are the busses running today?" Now, I can understand why he was wondering about it, and I can even understand how he might have blurted that out, but I was sitting there in the bus. And he stood there and was waiting for an answer!
    Women can do anything men can.
    But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
    Maxine

Hi Sparky!

I just saw one of your other posts and realized that I'd never read your introductory post.

I'm looking forward to some good stories from your bus driving days...you've got to have run across some serious suck in that line of work.

Welcome to CS!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Hullo Sparky! Welcome I've read some of your posts already and think you'll do just fine here!
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Welcome! Don't be shy...we don't bite! (usually)
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
        X