X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the Hotel industry!

Hello!
    I work at a sort-of-upscale hotel chain that you've more than likely heard of, my official job title is "Maintenance", but that also includes yardwork, conferences, shuttle driving, pretty much everything that isn't front desk or housekeeping. I generally run into a lot of people in my job, so I should generally have something interesting to say.

*sings* Living in the sunlight, loving in the moonlight, HAVING A WONDERFUL TIME!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Welcome to the boards by the way.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

i apologize in advance, but i can't resist,
      everything except front desk and housekeeping, so does that mean you also have to do the crappy reservations call center?
      (which depending on which upscale hotel chain you may have heard of might be how all of your reservations are handled... and if you work for the same chain I do I might actually handle your reservation calls )
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        i apologize in advance, but i can't resist,
        everything except front desk and housekeeping, so does that mean you also have to do the crappy reservations call center?
        (which depending on which upscale hotel chain you may have heard of might be how all of your reservations are handled... and if you work for the same chain I do I might actually handle your reservation calls )
        I don't handle that, but the front desk handles local (ie for our hotel) reservations. It's in the Hilton Family of hotels, so that narrows it down to like seven chains lol.

Comment

Hello and !
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth HavingAWonderfulTime View Post
            I don't handle that, but the front desk handles local (ie for our hotel) reservations. It's in the Hilton Family of hotels, so that narrows it down to like seven chains lol.
            you were them

you're with our second most direct competitor (marriot is our number one... both in the fact that they target the same market and they try to recruit the same employees... though I must admit, their office is a much more convenient location for me to work at, but their shifts suck).

anyway
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
            X