This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, yeah, a newbie thread, good idea.

So I've already been in ur threads replying to ur stories for a few days, which makes an introduction a little bit silly, I'll post one anyway.

'Lo, I'm Saydrah, I dwell in Colorado and it is snowing here. I have animals. Lots of them. That is most of what you need to know about me. I make homemade comfort products for small animals (rats, ferrets, etc) and I am a sales rep for a natural pet food company. I'm a pet nutrition nut- don't let me catch any of you feeding grocery brand pet food, or there will be heck to pay! Hell was deducting a 3% transaction fee from my cut, so I had to let them go- but so far heck has been doing a good job on collections.

The current laundry list of critters:

Two (2) dogs. One fat, allergic to everything, and very well behaved. One young, fit, athletic, intelligent (read: smarter than owner) and often ill behaved (see: smarter than owner).

Three (3) cats. One large manly black cat named Vivi Orunitia and two adorable kittens, one of which is temporary and one of which is a permanent family member.

Two (2) ducks. They waddle chubbily about and amuse themselves by eating mice and sparrows whole. For serious.

One (1) Ornate Box Turtle. Likes strawberries. Cranky. Currently hibernating.

One (1) Albino African Pygmy Hedgehog. Cranky and puffy, but can hardly blame him as he was rescued from a neglectful home.

One (1) Thoroughbred Horse. Rescued about 48 hours from a dinner plate in Europe. Smart, playful, and really would be happier if I found more time for his training... sigh, stupid work and other committments.

Thirteen (13) Rats. Awesome mix of cat and dog personalities in a pint size package. Kissy and adorable. Five of these are foundation stock for my rattery- see http://www.shahrazade.net.
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Ducks eat mice and sparrows??? I never knew...

I think you need to post some pics of all these furry/feathery/scaly beings...

Oh, and to CS!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X