This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bell has rung, class has begun.

Please take your seats, I'll be your teacher for today, Mr. Hotfoot. Now then, your regular teacher Mrs. Crabapple left a note here saying she had an assignment for you to hand in. Yes...Billy?

"She said that assignment was due tomorrow."

Well if that's the case then she won't mind the notes I leave her saying you did not hand in your assignment today. I also have a note from her saying that late assignments are marked down a grade every day they are late. Yes, Melissa?

"It was due today, Mister Hotfoot, but I have a question about it."

Very well, ask away.

"What's a stupid customer? Mrs. Crabapple went into a rant before she collapsed yesterday."

I'm glad you asked. Mrs. Crabapple is fine, by the way, she's got her good friend Mr. Daniels taking care of her today. Let's go around the room and get some answers. Before that, everyone hand in your assignments please.

"Aww."

Thank you. Now, let's go through the room. Now, Craig, what do you think makes a stupid customer?

"Someone who thinks that other people live to serve them?"

That's good, that's one aspect that can make someone a stupid customer. Anyone else? Belinda?

"Someone who is a big mean bully and uses bad words?"

Right, that's another sign, and we all know being a bully is wrong, as is using bad words. Michael?

"Someone who lies, cheats, or steals in order to get what they want?"

Very good, that makes someone a very bad customer. That's a good list so far. Now, who knows what you should do when you see a Stupid Customer? Sarah?

"Stay calm, keep your head, and report it to whoever is in charge?"

Very good. Remember, you can always laugh at them later once they've had their comeuppance. Now then, let's open our books to page 314 and we'll read the section aloud, and then we'll have an exercise where we practice what to do when a lousy customer comes along. Yes, Fred?

"Mister Hotfoot, is there a place we can go to study how to deal with Stupid Customers for extra credit?"

Certainly, in fact, there's a website I just joined that deals with the subject on a regular basis. You'll have to get your parent's permission, first, of course, but it's been invaluable to me on the subject. Some stories are funny, some are horrifying, and some are just downright bizzare, but they're all wonderful reading. Soon I hope to be adding my own insights on the subject. After all, you run into these people all the time, and I've done all kinds of jobs before I got here. We'll talk more at the end of class, but for now, let's get to work...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.

SG-14: Moving forward because everything behind is rigged to blow.

Hey Hotfoot! Great story!!

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Glad you liked it, BookstoreEscapee. I live to serve.

And that's why I've got some other good stories I'll share in due time. Glad to finally be posting here, the site's been providing me with laughter and tears for about a month now.
      Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.

SG-14: Moving forward because everything behind is rigged to blow.

Comment

Your entry post is made of win. Wish I could be that entertaining off the bat. Nice to meet you. <3

Comment

Working...
        X