This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate SCs....

Hello all. I've put myself here in the n00b folder, although I used to visit this place religiously about 3 holiday seasons ago. Now that I'm gearing up for my fifth holiday season at the bookstore where I work, I'm glad I found this place again. I know I don't have much sanity left, since I'm still working retail, but what little there is may just be saved by this place. Thank you, Customerssuck.com!
    Any fool can criticize, comdemn, and complain—and most do. ~ Dale Carnegie

Sarah: That's not fair!
    Jareth: You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is...

Amalthea - name of one of the nymphs of classical legend, yes?

Looks like you already have some good tales.

Rapscallion

Comment

Welcome aboard . . . love that avatar BTW.

Bar's to the left, sofa on the right. Just come on in and make yourself at home.

Just keep an eye out for Rapscallion . . . He has a habit of munching on the rules once in a blue moon.

So if you've got any snacks on you, could you toss some his way?
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Welcome! Bookstores are great, too bad they have their fare share of SCs too I hope you've got some fun stories, and not too many bad ones.

BTW, why didn't anyone tell me the bar was over there? All this time I've been looking that way! Sheesh
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Amalthea - name of one of the nymphs of classical legend, yes?

Looks like you already have some good tales.

Rapscallion
          Amalthea was the name of the she-goat who nursed the baby god Zeus after his mother fooled his father into eating a rock instead of him and sprited him away. But I got it from the human name of the unicorn in The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle (and my avatar from the movie of same name). Could be a nymph, too, but I haven't heard of that one.
          Any fool can criticize, comdemn, and complain—and most do. ~ Dale Carnegie

Sarah: That's not fair!
          Jareth: You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is...

Comment

back to CS, Amalthea.

It's a new board, so I will leave you here with the s, even though you're returning.
            I see you have been active on the board again, and that's great.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
            X