Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ask Stupid Questions for a reason...

Hello, I'm new here (obviously)and I've noticed a lot of customers getting angry over questions like: "Did you find everything you were looking for?" and "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

I work at a bank, and I always have to confirm "Making a deposit/withdrawl today?" "Did you want any cash back?" "Are you *account holder on the screen*?" "How would you like your money today?"

People look at me like I'm retarded when I ask them that first one. We just switched to separate Withdrawl/Transfer and Deposit slips. They are different colors, they are clearly labeled, they are also often mixed up by customers.

Every day I get at least five people who either have not filled in the total deposit and cash back sections and tell me that they do want cash back, or people who HAVE filled in the total deposit as being the same amount as the single check they were depositing, and then ask me for cash back.

I had a woman today who said that yes, this was her account. I clicked on the name of the customer, as it brings up all sorts of information, like the customers age. "Wow, you are very beautiful for 72" (My customer was 50 tops!) "Oh its my mothers account." I print out a receipt without the balance. "I need to know the balance because I do all my mom's bills." "I'm sorry, It's a federal privacy law that I can't give out any information on the account to anyone but the account holder."

I have people tell me that they would like their money "in cash" or "green" all the time. I always start counting out one dollar bills. Once this kid took $277 dollars worth in ones, stuffed them all in his cargo pockets. Said he was going to have so much fun spending them.

Later I'll post my "mug a stripper?" story in another forum.

But that's my intro!!

Oh yes, and also blame Devils Panties for me finding this site. These stories have put me in a better mood at work than I'd been in for weeks. I just know that its all going to be fodder for posts! )

I can't give you an answer to why people are stupid, they just are. But I can welcome you here and unless I miss my guess, I recognize that posting style. Have a grand time. It's a great site here.

Comment

Working...
    X