This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

Hello everyone. Yeah, you don't have to read all the way through my little story below. It's just a little bit about myself. It basically says that I work at a fabric store and I am a flute teacher.

I found this site and decided I had to join. At my first job, a family owned restaurant that unfortunately had to close after nine years, we started our own little scrapbook. It consisted of rants and comics about out more annoying customers. You know them.
    Well, the rant book was picked up at my new job. Now I work at a fabric store. As a specialty store that sees a lot of newbs, we get a lot of frustrated customers. Somehow whenever I'm scheduled, I'm the only one there. The other employees are either old and can't do the work alone or they're new and can't do the work alone. So, in an effort to save hours I'm always scheduled to work alone even though we're supposed to have three people on at a time. This means I have to cut fabric, work the register, stock, answer phones, fill out the MANAGERS paper work, and help customers. I am definitely not payed enough.
    To explain the other part of my name, I am a music major working towards degrees in flute performance and music education. I go to two different schools: A conservatory for performance and a teacher school for music education. I want to teach middle school and a teacher school is definitely better over a conservatory when going into the public school system because I will be qualified to teach other subjects. I have a flute studio which mostly consists of younger students and a couple older ones. I will never post any stories complaining about them because they are all great kids. Okay one thing, please, if you are taking private music lessons, PRACTICE! You're not only wasting your teacher's time, but your own as well as your own money. If you're not motivated don't waste my time.
    Well, If you managed to get all the way through this, thank you. I'm going to go post my first sc story now

Welcome to Customer's Suck F & F!

You must really hustle. I can think of a few jobs where it is fine to solo, but I wouldn't think a place like that would be one - too much going on.

Comment

to CS, F&F!

Ooh, a flautist. I used to play flute in my high school band. The instructor was a brass bigot, though, so the jazz band and horn line got all of his attention.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

mine too, even in college. I'm used to it though.

Comment

WElcome!

I did flute in high school...although our band was primarily geared towards more rock stuff, but I could still fit in
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Welcome to CS!

brainbleach and cookies are available at all times of the day.

And while I'd like to claim I, too, am a flautist of yore, alas I am not. Just a choir geek.

Comment

Oh and don't forget Rule #1: Don't eat or drink anything while reading CS.com
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

to

I was never in the music land myself. I spent my electives on Yearbook, and Drama. Still welcome!

Comment

Working...
                X