This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I like you

So, I've gone through and obsessively read all of the posts on the front page about SCs and I think I'm going to like it here. I've got a good number of stories of vile creatures coming into my three past and current jobs ranging from deranged birthday party mothers to bums to children. Should be fun and I rather like that this place is like a support group for the verbally abused and underpaid.

A little about my lot in life:
    My first job was a party hostess at a bowling alley and most of my horror stories come from the cesspool of humankind that were our patrons. The second was working at a very Christian inclined Hallmark store. As a Buddhist and openly bisexual girl, my boss and several customers and I had a lot of fun discussions. I have a support group of them praying for my salvation. My current job that I happen to love is at a Hawai'ian BBQ restaurant that happens to be next to a major university, a police station, a hub of activity for transients and a VA hospital. We get all manner of ridiculous people wandering in for a couple slices of spam. With any luck, someone will be entertained by the crazies I've had to deal with.

Fun Fact: My parents are horrifyingly embarrassing SCs. THE SHAME!

to SC.

Ah, parents. Can't live with 'em, wouldn't be alive without 'em.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

to

Your parents are SCs! Mine too!! We should start a support group!

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
        to

Your parents are SCs! Mine too!! We should start a support group!
        I thought that is what CS is .... =)

My parents arent sucky customers normally, but my mom is a few years into alzheimers and sometimes doesnt realize what she is actually saying as she seems to be losing that little filter [well and my dad is dead, so he really isnt a sucky customer =) ]

Though in my moms defense, usually her suckiness is sort of snarky comments about what people are wearing, she really doesnt approve of multiple piercings and tats on women.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Thanks everyone !

My parents are sadly entitlement whores, much to my and my siblings' horror. My mother is especially awful as she's been treated like a princess all her life by my grandparents and my dad. We usually leave a wake of apologies behind our parents if we're ever so unfortunate as to go shopping with them.

Comment

Quoth Danicakes View Post
            As a Buddhist and openly bisexual girl, my boss and several customers and I had a lot of fun discussions. I have a support group of them praying for my salvation.
            Damn, all I got for being Buddhist was a t-shirt....

Welcome to our virtual purgatory. ;p

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Welcome to our virtual purgatory. ;p
              Meaning most of us work crap-ass jobs as penance for everyone else's SC-ness.

Unless you're in Retail. Then it's Hell.

Love and Kisses,

One-Month Resident of Hell
              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
              X