This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Greetings to everyone here. I've been an occasional dropper-in on this site, which is frequented by a good friend of mine who's a fixture on here. Most of you probably know him as Jester. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing (and sharing) some entertaining (and frustrating) experiences about dealing with people in the course of an "average" day.

I teach people how to fly planes for a living, so for the most part I have a pretty good gig going, but it certainly has its occasional "winners" too. Some of the stories you guys have on here make me really appreciate it when my students show up, pay attention and do a good job and let me have fun! Not always the case but after reading some of the stories here... Man!

Anyway, hope to be around here more often - seems to be a pretty fun and entertaining board. Best to all! (lifts glass).

to

Wow your teach how to fly planes! That's pretty cool!

Comment

Oooh, I can just imagine the tales of suckage from people who think they know enough about how to fly.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Oooh, I can just imagine the tales of suckage from people who think they know enough about how to fly.
        On the plus side - think of WHERE he's probably teaching them to fly. A little too much suck and "Hey - see anything but ocean below us? Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll be taking us back to land now... you just sit there quietly............"

Welcome aboard av8r.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
          I have to admit I've got a few gray hairs... How'dya think they got that way?!?!

Most students are good but boy there are a few that make you want to kiss old terra firma when you get back home after having made it through a lesson without them killing you both.

Out here on the left coast (and in this type of work) you get your fair share of big-bucks, self-important jerks too. I'm sure you all know the type - people that expect you to kiss their butts just because they've got money to spend. The absolute WORST people to fly with are "entertainment industry" types. The second worst are doctors. Both have VERY large egos and will swear they're doing everything right up to the point they make a big smokin' hole in the ground. Pointing out the *ahem* "inadequacies" in their techniques *ahem* is a bit tricky. You want to scream and yell sometimes and say "you're going to get yourself killed you egotistical jackass!" but you have to be a bit more diplomatic than that. People don't tend to come back as customers when you completely rip 'em like that (although for some, it's actually the only way to get through to them and the only thing they seem to respond to).

Like I said, it's a cool job most days but OTOH you're always only one stupid move on the part of your student/customer from having a very BAD day...

Keep the faith y'all and in this economy just be glad you've got jobs at all - even though they might suck at times...

Comment

Working...
          X