Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all! (Reaches out to shake hand)

Hello Everyone!

First of all my name is not Dwight but I am a big fan of The Office and he is my favorite character. Funnily enough I am not the Assistant to the Regional Manager but am a Regional Manager myself.

I am a district manager or "Area Director" as my business card says, of a large pizza chain that shall remain nameless. (The corporate types are always scouring the interwebs for mentions of their name) I currently have 7 stores in my area, used to be 8 but we closed one this past summer due to the economy. In those stores I have:

7 Store Managers
    14 Shift Managers
    1 administrative assistant
    Approx 35 full time employees
    Approx 65 part time employees

While I may not have the day to day interactions with customers some of you do the customers that do filter up my way are... interesting lol.

Hopefully I'll be able to share some of those experiences with all of you and maybe even offer some insight as to why we management types make some of the seemingly perplexing decisions we do.

Thanks for reading

Sounds like the ideal area for you is 'the back room' - part of the morons in management section. It's more aimed at managers than anything else. Of course, the SC stories are always welcome

Rapscallion

Comment

to

Been a while since I've seen a manager let alone DM join the boards! I'm sure you have some very interesting stories!

Comment

Thanks,

Fortunately the stores I have are not corporate stores and are franchisee owned so I don't have the corporate mindset some of my fellow AD's do. That and the fact I'm young for the job keep me pretty grounded... hopefully lol.

I know a lot of the corporate types who would disapprove of boards like this but I think it serves a pretty useful function. Its kind of like a release valve for all the frustration that builds up dealing with the public day in and out. Best to blow off steam here rather than have it build up and blow up in a customers face. Plus from what I've seen the vast majority of posters here genuinely care about doing a good job and providing good customer service.

I hope I can contribute something of value to the community here and am looking forward to posting some "horror" stories of my own.

Comment

Working...
        X