Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm another new guy, nice to meet you!

Hello, I'm Pimp Chickens. Currently in college and new to the work force. I had heard of this site and had been reading the comics and threads for a while.

I started this account back in late summer because I was going to be starting a new job. It would be my first real paying job, not counting volunteer work in a Christian thrift store (actually have a couple stories from that) or grounds keeping outside of a daycare for coupons. I was being hired through my school and was unsure where exactly I'd end up at that moment. I ended up at one of the campus food courts and have worked there for a couple months.

Thankfully, I don't really have to deal with customers because it is a buffet-style eating place. Basically, you pay us, get a tray, and there is food at different stations waiting for you to pick it out. I never work the front door, so the only time I'll be face to face with customers will be if I'm working the make-your-own-pasta station, working the make-your-own-sandwich station, or if one pulls me aside to ask me a question.

For a while, I didn't think I'd really need an account here. The management seemed cool and I didn't think the sucky customers could reach me.

Silly me.

Customer influence is spreading and management is starting to show their true colors. I may come out with a few stories after all.
    SPEAK UP.

Quoth Pimp Chickens View Post
    Customer influence is spreading and management is starting to show their true colors. I may come out with a few stories after all.
    That gleam of hope never really lasts for long. Welcome aboard!

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      That gleam of hope never really lasts for long. Welcome aboard!

Rapscallion
      I think it lasted a week for me.

to

Comment

Working...
      X