This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I collect pee...no, it's not a hobby.

I am so glad I came across this site. It is nice to see that everyone has to deal with these morons! Who am I?

I work for a private occupational health clinic. At this point in time, I'm the "manager" which is basically a fancy name for glorified Admin. Assistant. Whatever, it means that I get to hide in my office 90% of the time doing paperwork. My mother in law owns the clinic (a whole other problem to complain about) and her youngest son (who's 20) does most of the actual "customer" interaction. This has not always been the case.

I worked here from 2003-2008 as a jack of all trades as other employees came and left and I just took over whatever duties they were doing. At the end of my time here I was reception, mail girl, accounting, pee collection, audiometric technician (gave hearing tests), and they were trying to figure out if I was able to get certified to draw blood (I'm an English major btw, no medical training whatsoever), but luckily they couldn't. She went from about 6-10 employees to just her and me, and when I quit, just her and whichever of her 3 kids that was off school/work to come in to help a cpl days a month.

Now I'm back, but only because the schedule allows me to go back to school. Most of my stories come from the 2003-2008 period, but there's some fresh ones. Our usual clientele? Truck drivers that are required to be drug tested to cross into the US (we're in Canada). Guess how happy these guys are to take time out of driving and making money to come pee in a cup? Never mind the fact that if they stop complaining and just let us do our job (and are smart enough to drink a glass of water before coming in...duh), they can be in and out in less than five minutes. I've timed it.

I have also done retail (1.5 yrs at a cheap shoestore) and fastfood (6 mths selling chicken). In addition to the Pee Narc job, I also work part time for a customs broker on the night shift, talking on the phone to those same happy truckers who want to know why the paperwork they faxed us ten minutes ago isn't cleared so they can cross the border. All this so I can get into teaching...clearly I have the patience of a saint.

I'm really looking forward to becoming a regular on these forums so I can go home at night a little less rage filled.

That's my intro!

Your stories are going to be amazing. I apologize in advance for being entertained by your hellish workplace.

Comment

So, between your working in retail, fast food, and (back to) your current job, one could easily come to the conclusion, that over the years, you've had to deal with plenty of people that piss and moan.

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

I've also enjoyed "you must get pissed off a lot, but hey, it's better than getting pissed on!" Like the wall you just sprayed down, jerk?

And "this is a pissy job, isn't it?" Usually these guys have the good sense to look sheepish when they say it.

And my name, Pee Narc, gifted to me by a friend of my husband's when he found out what my job was the first time around. Still preferable to my cousin, who used to call me Al Bundy when I sold shoes.

Comment

I confess, I am morbidly curious about your stories...
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
            I confess, I am morbidly curious about your stories...
            I think we all are.

to

Comment

Working...
            X