X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers Suck? Don't I Know It...

Hello! I'm DemoDiva and I am new.

I'm 21, of the female persuasion, and an American living in Australia. I work in sales and marketing promotions with retail outlets (that's just fancy-talk for 'I stand around and say, 'Have you seen the New Such-And-Such? Can I demonstrate it for you?' over and over for four hours a day) as well as being a sales consultant for a popular Australian communications company. Since my primary job for the past year has been promotions and demonstrations, I am commonly referred to as "The Promo/Demo girl". I prefer the term "Demo Diva", personally, but I can't complain.

Before these two jobs I hold simultaneously, which only means I get twice the suckiness, I used to be a door-to-door salesperson selling satellite TV, an ice-cream scooper, and a seasonal department store sales clerk, among other things.

All of my jobs have been in retail, and I have had my share of sucky customers. It's been a joy working my way through the archives and lurking around the forums. I say to myself, "Self," I say, "finally we have found a forum that UNDERSTANDS."

Can't wait to share the stories and participate in the hilarity/commiseration!

DemoDiva

Oh man...door to door! You have my sympathies. I did that once...lasted about 3 days. You're in good company here, welcome to !
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oh my, you snuck in the door!

to
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

tropicsgoddess: Yeah, most people only last a week or so. I managed to stick it out for over half a year before I decided I'd rather stab myself in the head than knock on one more door. :P

r2cagle: Uh, yep. I sure did. Possibly?

Comment

Quoth DemoDiva View Post
          : Uh, yep. I sure did. Possibly?

I only meant that you've managed 8 posts before I saw your intro posts.
          It was an unintended pun, though.

I've been a little off-focus and not paying attention lately..
          Make a list of important things to do today.
          At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
          Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
            I only meant that you've managed 8 posts before I saw your intro posts.
            It was an unintended pun, though.

I've been a little off-focus and not paying attention lately..
            OH.

Yes, well. I like to make an impression. When I rock onto a forum, I like it to suddenly be like, "Oh, what, DD? She's been here forever, right?"

:3 DD

Comment

to

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X