Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Can I help you find anything today?

Hey.

New guy here.

Been stuck in retail since '01 thanks to a lifetime of never taking anything resembling a career seriously...but since I'm here I might as well enjoy myself.

Some of you might see me as the enemy: As an assistant manager of a New Jersey location of the only large, all-over-the-USA toy retailer left, some of you may actually have worked for me in the past. Let me make this clear: I may be "a boss", but I have bosses and THEY have bosses and every one of 'em up the food chain is a bigger schmuck. I do my best to support my people when SC's wander in...y'know, every freakin' 5 minutes or so...and I'm proud of how many of my "associates" are also my friends. We're in this together.

Don't worry...I get it. I'm the idiot who paraphrased Shakespeare's "band of brothers" speech while standing on the service desk at 4:50 AM on Black Friday watching the gathering crowd claw at the glass of the building's front. I'm the idiot who won't question your maturity, your gender identification, your genetic heritage, and your probable cause of death when you have to call out...

...but mostly, I'm the idiot. Now, let's bitch about customers some.
    CONSERVATIVE, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.

Welcome. I like you already.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Anyone who includes themself in the generally inherant idiocy of the human race is cool in my book Hiya!

*offers alcohol and/ or J- horror *
      "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Hey, anyone who can sucessfully paraphrase Shakespeare, 'specially Henry the ... Third? is okay in my book.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

to

So you're the guy!!! Who's job I don't want..

Get yourself some liquid libation and close the door, would ya?
          Make a list of important things to do today.
          At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
          Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Working...
          X