This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time reader, now new member!

Yes, I heard about this site while working one of my former jobs, as it was a great way to relax after dealing with idiots . . . I've been reading this ever since, and it's made me appreciate the decent NORMAL folks who are customers.

Now, I am afraid I can't really post SC material; frankly, there are a few real compelling reasons:

1 - I like my current job, the managers are awesome and my coworkers are usually NOT loads. The company is pretty decent, as far as I can tell a few months' into it. (As in, they don't grind up their workers and spit them out when they burn out.)

2 - Most of my irritations at work are minor enough that they don't truly veer into SC territory. The worst it ever gets is a lack of awareness for the hundred people other than themselves in the building. Yes, they get service and help too.

3 - The company is aware of the Internet's existence, and do find blogs/journals/websites by their employees. In addition, see reason 1.

4 - Most importantly . . . I can't write things to be funny. Or witty.

Anycase, once more unto the lurking brush with me!

to . You can post even if you don't have any good stories to share. And besides, reason 4 isn't cause to not post, if you have a need to post. Either way, have some cookies!

Comment

It's not that I might come across "good" stories . . . it's that my current job I might be traced down.

And at least one of my former employers, well, Does Not Have A Sense Of Humor about bad publicity. Even if they earned it. And even if they will never hire me back

Comment

Quoth Kereminde View Post
        And at least one of my former employers, well, Does Not Have A Sense Of Humor about bad publicity. Even if they earned it. And even if they will never hire me back
        Eh, screw them have fun.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

I intend to.

Let me put it this way, I have worked the following jobs:

Concessions
          Retail
          Substitute Teaching
          Server/Waiter
          Management
          Tech Support (Volunteer level)

There are at least one of those I will not willingly go back into without better training than I got the first time Guess which one gave the worst training and get a slice of cheesecake. And at least one of these was an awesome job at the time and was easily the best first job I ever had. (It also spoiled my expectations for jobs following it, such as by having managers who . . . you know, listened to their employees and were likable people.)

Comment

I'll guess that substitute teaching had the worst training. My mom did some once (severe teacher shortage, so they didn't care as much if you were a trained teacher), and it was basically "ok, show up here".

Comment

Hmmm... I'll guess management had the worst training, especially if you got hired as management, rather than promoted.

Comment

to

You'll find you have lots to share, even if it's not work-related. Just jump in wherever....
                Make a list of important things to do today.
                At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Working...
                X