This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The years change, the technologies change...the stupid remains

I'm ckd. I've worked retail (long ago back when the dinosaurs wouldn't get off my lawn) and I've done computer support (in that wonderful world of university students and professors). Eventually my career led to situations where my customers were internal and at least generally intelligent...but even they could come up with some remarkable failures from time to time.

Now I'm safe from customer contact in a nicely insulated back-room role, which means that I don't have any CS-ish stories about my current place...but some of the old stories are good enough to haul out of the attic. (Besides, think of this as something like the "It Gets Better" project; you might not be dealing with the same sort of stupid forever, even if it seems like forever by the end of your shift.)

*hugs* and to

Old stories are good, and you always can add to the Morons in Management and Cursing out Coworkers as needed. And there's always the Unsupportable section.

Have fun and enjoy playing with us!
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Working...
    X