Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been tossing around the idea of doing my own website for years. The purpose of this website would be for me to vent about my job and how much customers suck. I actually did it (sort of) for awhile at lordmidnight.com (which is now defunct--I let the domain expire because I was having trouble with the host at the same time and just decided to give it all up). I never had many visitors (there were a few regular members), so it wasn't a big loss. And then, one day, I decide to type the actual words "customers suck" into Google, and this site comes up. Now a great weight is lifted from my shoulders; I don't have to create, design and admin my own website just so I can get this nastiness off my chest! This place and I are going to get along great, I can already tell.

Anyway, I have probably too many years of customer service under my belt. I started with a department store (now bankrupt and out of existence) when I was 17 back in 1988. Since then, I've worked in food service, c-stores, parking lots, and call centers. I did a 3-year stint as a web designer for a metro newspaper that had very very limited contact with actual customers--I was a coder--and that was the best job I ever had. Too bad hand coding for HTML is a thing of the past. Everything is coded on the fly these days, putting people like me back into the customer service workforce. Maybe one day I'll find my way out of this stinking hole, but until then, I'd love a chance to share in some of your stories, and share some of mine with you.

Thank you all just for being here!

to

There are loads of customer service sites on the web, and many of them are very good, but I think this one is the best. We look forward to your stories!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
    X