This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One day I shall write a book...

Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this site! It's better than therapy I swear! Anyway I work at a motorcycle dealership in the service department and while I love my job, never a dull day, there are plenty of morons I have to deal with.
    As a "woman" service advisor working in a motorcycle shop, I think I may have heard it all. Of course since I was only hired for my beauty and having no "real" knowledge in anything motorcycle related I smile my way through the day in ignorant bliss. Below are a few of my favorite quotes from my customers, a lot of them are heard on a daily basis.

Favorite Quotes From Customers

1. "Oh I'm sorry, I thought I was in the service department."

2. "So are you the secretary?"

3. "I need to speak to a mechanic." (Fat chance)

4. "Do you know anything about motorcycles." (No, in the past four
    years of working here I've just gotten really good at putting mascara on at my desk)

5. "Well, I doubt you can help me but ....." (Rest assured by this comment I WILL NOT help you but will give you needless advise that will hopefully ruin your motorcycle/atv/moped forever!!!)

6. "That can't be the problem, I already checked it." (If you're so friggin smart and know everything already, why in the heck are you bothering me for free advise, only to turn around and argue with it!?!)

7. "Well I already know whats wrong with it, I just ain't got time to fix it." (Hmm, I'm pretty confident you know nothing)

8. "I've been a mechanic my whole life!" (Yea, probably mine!)

9. "I will never come back here again for service" (Could I really be so fortunate? Are the gods smiling upon me? Please don't think you're hurting me or this company by never stepping foot in this place again begging for warranty work on a bike you dropped/ toreup/ wrecked/ abused!)

10. "I just had it fixed up at Cycle Specialties and something else must be wrong with it" (Enough said)

Glad you could join us! Feel free to vent about those idiots as much as you'd like. Our veteran members have all sorts of therapeutic food and drink items available if you need them.
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

I know the feeling...cept I work in tech support. Welcome to !
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
      X