This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from another noob

Can't believe it took me this long to join. This site is my favorite web viewing when work is slow. I am in a field I haven't yet seen mentioned on this forum, airline reservations. I work for a major US airline, which I'll try to keep nameless, as a Reservations Supervisor. People ask to yell at me after yelling at the agent has gotten them nowhere. Yelling at me won't make your plane leave sooner either.

It's a sucky low-pay job, but the travel bennies are out of sight. I travel interntionally at least twice a year, and I can get a 5 day tropical beach vacation for $500-$700 if I use industry discounts. Seriously, I'm so accustomed to being poverty jet-set that if I couldn't work for an airline, I'd probably crawl under my bed, curl into a fetal position, and die.

A sampling of my favorite SC's: The guy who wanted a bassinet seat on a long international flight so his mother could put her feet up; The guy who wanted rent a runway to use as a dragstrip. *Pssst...dude. We don't own the runways. The Port Authority of (City) does.* After I'm a trusted member I'll post the story of the guy who wanted a free flight because of our raunchy, disgusting hold music.
    Last edited by Flyguy; 12-16-2010, 04:04 PM. Reason: Misspells. Oops!

Hi, Flyguy! (That was fun to say.)

Welcome, and glad you decided to join us in our little corner of sanctuary!

RK

Comment

Working...
    X