This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

I'm new to the site. I found out about this through the lovely article that recently ran at MSNBC about how to talk to customer service. I've been reading the stories posted on the main site for the last few days to pass the time at work and having myself a good laugh and decided to join the forums to share some of my own and also be able to read many more stories as this is a wonderful way to pass the time.

Anyway onto a bit about me.

Just so ya can get an idea of my general predisposition I am a single male student from the Midwestern region of the USA. I am presently studying to go into a career as a teacher.

Current Job: Phone Rep for a prepaid cellular service. - Let me tell you a good many of these customers are dumb or love to play mr/mrs entitlement. Needless to say I have a few funny stories to share from this bunch. - 4 years

Previous Jobs:
    Help Desk Rep - This was a seasonal job working for a localy based retailer supporting their POS (point of sale, piece of sh**) system. - Not too many funny stories to share from this one but a few. Besides can I consider other company employees customers? Bah who cares they still were sucky at times. - 4 months

Hotel Front Desk Clerk - Wow... just wow. Some people can be insane. - 1 year

Help Desk/ Phone Rep - This was for one of those lovely contracted call centers. IE the call center was not owned by the company we were supporting. This was for a certain large Cable Company that services the US. This call center served most of the west coast. - 6 months

Programmer / Technical Support Rep - This was my first job out of High School (secondary school) It was a blast and I learned quite a bit from this one. Anyway I have a few decent stories to tell from this one as well. - 2 years

Hey Chanlin.
    I am so sorry this is late, but to CS.

I missed an entire page of new member posts and have fallen way behind in my official greeting duties.

I see you were pretty active, but it's been a couple of weeks. I hope to see you back online with us soon.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Better late than never I always say. Thanks Ree ^^

Comment

Wow, this is the longest-ranging welcome thread I've ever seen...3 months between intro, welcome, and response...I saw your name and my first thought was "Chanlin's not that new...right? "
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
        X