This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

Been lurking for a while and decided that it is time to sign up and tell some stories. These stories are from when I worked at a store that I will call "Hardly Normal". Most Australians will get the reference.

Hardly Normal is a large chain but what most people don't realise is that it is a Franchise. In each of the stores will be a number of Franchises for each of the sections. In my store there were Electrical, Computers and Furniture franchises plus an Admin and Warehouse section.

I worked in the Computer Franchise doing sales, running the photocenter, being a computer tech, receiving goods in the warehouse and returning faulty goods at different times. In fact, I did everything job their except for cashier and manager, although I had the access in the POS to do those jobs.

My background is IT and I had been a contractor until a lack of work resulted in me working retail. I have since left and gone back to IT work but I will not discuss my current job as my employer has some very strict policies about it.

Anyway, Hello from the Top End of Australia.

Hello! Good to have you.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Hey hey welcome!

Northern Territory by any chance?

Hello from a fellow Aussie!
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        Northern Territory by any chance?
        You are correct.

Comment

Wait, you have electronics up there? *ducks*

Welcome to a fellow aussie, I actually didn't know that about Hardly Normals.
          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post

Welcome to a fellow aussie, I actually didn't know that about Hardly Normals.
            Slightly off-topic but when my uncle lived in NT, he was an air traffic controller (he still is, but now lives in NSW) and at the time, my cousins were around 18 months and nearly 3 respectively.

The eldest one used to refer to her dad's job as either "little work" (where he'd go away for a day and come back) or "big work" (where he'd go away for a few days). Very cute

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
              We have lots of electronics and just a crappy power supply. The store would regular be in the top ten for sales nationally

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
              I actually didn't know that about Hardly Normals.
              Not many people do as you can't buy into a franchise but have to go through the HN training program as a manager first. Also they move the franchisees around a lot.

Comment

Dave, according to my McArthur's Universal Corrective Map*, you need to change your handle, since you're on the bottom.

*available from: ODT Maps
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Dave, according to my McArthur's Universal Corrective Map*, you need to change your handle, since you're on the bottom.
                  depends on how you see it.

Top End is slang for the top half of the Northern Territory, one of the "territories" of Australia (we have six states and two territories). The bottom half of the Northern Territory is called the Red Center.

So in an Australian's eye, it'd be that way.

But otherwise you are correct. Gives a new meaning to the term "Down Under" XD

Comment

Working...
                  X