This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ello

I tried to sign up about two weeks ago, during what I dub as the "weekend of hell." And it appears I just got approved.

I have been working at a marina seasonally, but may be working through the winter this year. Because we are such a small business, we don't really have a lot of the same policies as larger ones... meaning we do often service people after hours, and we accept all strange kinds of money (though no-one has tried to pay in pennies yet.) XD

There have been ten employees, and generally all has been well with them and with the customers, but in the past few weeks it got bad. When I had a weekend full of suck, that's when I tried to sign up.

I'll make a post about all the suck and link it here tomorrow, but tonight thought I'd just say hi.

Welcome to The Crazy.
    Also, don't be shy about just kibbitzing. That's pretty much what I do-- I've been blessed not to have a truly sucky customer. Most of us never bite, and those that do only do so when asked.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Well, I have to say that Wictionary is extremly helpful about the word 'kibbitzing.' Did you know that it is the present participle of kibbitz? And that the present participle of kibbitz is kibbitzing? And the past participle is kibbitzed?

I didn't.

Well, I won't mind being on the recieving end, since I'll be honest. I may have worked at the Marina on and off for the past few years, but this is my first year of true employment, and my first job.

Comment

sorry. I have a few odd words here and there, as do others. Don't be shy about asking about it either. After all, there are some on here whose second or third (or fourth) language is English. ... They had to inform the board, they're so good at it. XD
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
        X