Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure if I qualify as "new," per se...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if I qualify as "new," per se...

I was a member briefly way back when Mr. Slugger (or whoever) was running things. (I used the name Irasshaimase!, which is what Japanese store staff are traditionally supposed to shout when you walk in the door.)

I told a couple of Barnes & Noble stories, commented once or twice on a few others, the board crashed, started up again with vBull, crashed, started with something else, blah blah blah...somewhere in there I just stopped coming.

Now I check in for the first time in ages, and my bookmark doesn't work (it was directly to the old board). I go to the front page, and, whoa! Everything's changed! (I sure don't miss the loud Flash ads, or the NSFW T-shirt ads...but maybe that's just me ). So, now I've decided to re-up, using a handle from my first job (which I'm sure more than a few of you can figure out).

By the way, if it isn't to impolitic to ask, how did the board change hands from Mr. Slugger to Raps? Just curious...

TYFSOK
    thank you for shopping our Kmart

There were hacks aplenty, since we're a fairly popular board. Mr Slugger put the site up for sale, and I decided it was a worthwhile community to keep going.

We've had a hack or two since, but that was on Invision and we're onto something more secure now. GBM has worked his tech-magic and made us a harder target, so since there are easier targets elsewhere it will make us a less interesting target. No guarantees, save for the ones in my signature.

Rapscallion

Comment

Welcoem TYFSOK. "Thank You For Shopping On Kinkos"?? Hmmm.

Comment

Close...but no, not Kinko's...

Comment

Bugger. Here was me thinking "not 'on'" because that would be grammatically incorrect.

Comment

You got the TYFS part right.

It's a phrase I had to say to every customer through my line. After a couple days, it was just a mumble. Fortunately, (most of) the managers didn't care all that much.
            Last edited by TYFSOK; 07-20-2006, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I still haven't figured out the abbreviation, but anyway, TYFSOK

I won't move you to returning members since it's been so long and you have a new name.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Oooh...saw your sig line and decided to actually do some thinking.
                "Thank You for Shopping Our Kmart"??

Do I get that virtual cookie?
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                X