This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes I ride a high horse...

My sister suggested that I work through my increasingly hostile rage by venting via an online forum designed for people who hate customers...at times. My faith in humanity is waning; my rage is growing...and I need an outlet because there is not another career change to consider.So here I am.
    I work at a pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician. I live and work in a small, retirement-based community, and let me tell you, business is booming. I made the switch from working as an Educational Assistant for the local school board because securing a position with the board was becoming very difficult and less and less of a possibility.
    I thought I once hated children, and that working with the elderly would be an improvement; however, since working in the pharmacy realm for two years now, I miss the wacky children.
    I may sometimes come across as indignantly arrogant or as someone who considers myself as better than most...but I just want to stress that it's just my contempt for pure, unfiltered insolence, ignorance, and plain meanness that makes me sound that way. I have had much experience in customer service, and much experience working with a very broad range of people (children & youth with severe emotional, neurobehavioural, physical & learning needs, as well as high-risk children & youth, including street youth, and adults living on the street who are addicted to drugs, or not drugged enough). So I hope I can laugh at your stories, and seethe at others, I hope I do not offend and I hope I can learn. Most of all, I hope I can spare my loved ones from my deeply disturbing but daily rants from the very petty to the very outrageous.
    Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

First, welcome. I post because my friends are sick of hearing it, quite frankly. I have trouble dealing with people less intelligent than me. It helps to be here.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Welcome to the club!! I feel your pain, i hate ignorance also!! I'm new myself but it's nice being here amongst more people i can relate to and laugh/rage about the craziness we sometimes deal with; it does indeed help!

Comment

Welcome to you.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X