This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managers suck too dot com

I am a night auditor whom is slowly approaching middle age. I work a middle sized hotel in a smallish town in the Midwest. I have (more or less) outlasted everyone here except the owner-operator. I left roughly a year ago because a manager was stealing from the company but I couldn't bring proof to the owner. I recently came back, to another piece of work, to the same hotel.

P.S. She is gone now as well which makes me the longest lasting employee here.
    P.S.S. Still part-time rather than the full-time I was doing before I left. My fault I guess, for sticking to my principals.

Can't agree with you more, recently when the top dogs were making staff cuts at our branch, they referred to it as turning employees into customers!

Couldn't believe my ears, like I'd ever shop there again if they did that to me! Felt like walking out, but hell I can't afford to be unemployed. :/

Comment

Welcome aboard ZeroApoc.
      Lots of your fellow hoteliers here. Aren't tired hungry people away from home just the best?

Comment

Welcome to the shelter of the forums after the hurricane of mismanagers and entitled guests.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Welcome,ZeroApoc! Definitely tons of CSers in the hotel biz here!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Todd View Post
            Can't agree with you more, recently when the top dogs were making staff cuts at our branch, they referred to it as turning employees into customers!

Couldn't believe my ears, like I'd ever shop there again if they did that to me! Felt like walking out, but hell I can't afford to be unemployed. :/
            It's a common phrase I guess. At my last job they referred to firing someone as "Promoting them to customer".

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I think my sanity will be more likely to stay intact now that I have found likeminded victims of guests.

Comment

Welcome. And it's becoming rare for people to stick to their principles anymore. Mad props for that.
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                X