This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey :)

Hi!! I'm Styx. I guess I should start by explaining that I actually have two jobs. I have a burger-flipping job and an auto-mechanicing job. Oh yeah, and I'm a female, which catches me tons of crap at the shop. It's insane. But as an aspiring student of mechanical engineering, There's no doubt I love that place. Most of my stories are probably going to end up being from the auto shop because people apparently don't think girls are allowed to use tools Which makes me sad. But anyway, Hello to all!! I'm glad to meet you all!
    -I was almost killed by a flying pipe today!
    -You are the only person ever to say that and everyone understand it.

It's not hard to believe that the prejudice against women in the professions is still going on, but it is quite sad.

Welcome.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Ooo. A female mechanic. Rock on. My family owns a car shop and the shop assistant manager is a mechanically inclined female. I have mad respect for her and you. Welcome.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Awesome! A Female mechanic! Rock on, girl! When I did tech support, it was unbelievable how much patronizing, condescending, sexist bullshit I got from some customers. Welcome aboard!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
        X