X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time, she does fly

It's been a while since I last posted.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=94875

This was the last that was going on before I went AWOL after getting away from that situation.

I'm living in Amarillo right now. I'm no longer at the Salvation Army, or as we've come to call it the 'Starvation Army'. But I lost plenty of weight and feel better than I have in many years.

Now for all that's happened since December...

I spent all of Christmas and New Years playing the self-pity game before I got my act together and started working out what I needed to do. Volunteering my time, earning a few bucks here and there with donating plasma, and making friends. I did that til around March when I moved out and in with one of the friends I made.

I farted around for a few months revelling in my freedom before setting my mind to better and more responsible things. I reconnected with my family and found a job at a craft store. But since I only get about 25 hours a week, I'm going to start the hunt for a second job so I can move out on my own. Why move out?

Well, after the shine wore off of being out of a homeless shelter I realized who, what, and where I was living. My roommate is slovenly and refuses to clean ANYTHING citing he's too tired to do anything other than post on facebook in his downtime. So the place we're living at is basically a roach house. They're everywhere and in everything. To add to that, only his room has an AC so in the heat of the summer, I'm left upstairs to sweat it out. Also, his irresponsibility with money is becoming an issue as well. I give him money to pay bills and rent, but I doubt much of it goes there as he's always complaining about being behind.

But enough of the complaining, I'm in a much better place now than I was back in December, both mentally and physically. And I'm looking forward to the months ahead in which I might finally be able to stand on my own again.

Good to hear.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Glad to see that you're getting things sorted. Hopefully, you'll be in a position to get out from under the roach lord very soon.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Make roomy give you reciepts for the money you give. Gotta cya!

Comment

Working...
        X