Returning for the stories ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning for the stories ...

I've got almost none to tell, unless you want stories of my own idiocy (mis-read the schedule yesterday and didn't show up when I was supposed to; mis-read it again today and showed up when I wasn't scheduled ... ) Some of my coworkers are starting to look at me funny ....

Still working as a grocery store cashier but 99.99% of my customers are nice people ... and even those who aren't, are usually fairly obviously just having a not-great day and don't take it out on me.

I'm down to one cat ... the other one finally succumbed to complications from a long-standing case of diabetes. He was developing something called "diabetic neuropathy" ... I don't even know if I've spelled that right. Basically it means his hindquarters were no longer working properly. I didn't even notice it until I had him shaved to make grooming easier (for both of us). So ... rest in peace, little Fuzzy Britches.

My remaining cat has turned into a possibly-senile Velcro cat. He howls in the kitchen at 3 a.m. It's possibly due to the fact that ... there are mice here. Pigeons sh*tting all over my balcony and now mice.

My Mac Mini decided to go *pfffft* on me and is now in a shop awaiting a new hard drive. Cross your fingers that they can transfer all the "stuff" from the old one to the new one ... the techie says the chances are 50/50.

AND the new-to-me car I bought to replace my 20-year-old Pontiac Vibe has already developed some major problems. Got a call in to my mechanic; if I don't hear back within the next few days I'll leave another message; if that doesn't get a reply, I'll be looking for another mechanic. I don't expect immediate callbacks; as far as I know he's the only person in the shop -- ever. His fellow mechanic retired, and the elderly lady who used to do the office work -- I think she was a relative -- bailed out (understandably) when COVID got going.

Oh, and I stepped out of my apartment yesterday to see the doorway across from me wide open and people carting furniture out. Given that this is a seniors' building, that is rarely good news (it wasn't in this case; the tenant had died).

So life has definitely been interesting. If that's the right word.
    Last edited by Pixelated; 08-31-2022, 10:11 PM.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Interesting just isn't the word. Neuropathy is a horrible thing to experience. At least your kitty is in a better place now.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      Interesting just isn't the word. Neuropathy is a horrible thing to experience. At least your kitty is in a better place now.
      Yes, he is, poor thing. He liked to lie on the bed and in the last week or so he would get off the bed ... FALL off is more accurate ... and then flail around frantically with swimming motions on the floor, obviously trying to get his hindquarters under him.

He ended up visiting both pet emergency sites in the city. It was the last one that told me, gently, that he was pretty much beyond help (it wasn't a terrible shock -- he'd stopped eating. I couldn't even get him to eat his favourite treats and that's when I knew he was at the end of the road).

Thank goodness I had a shiny new credit card with a massive ceiling on it ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X