Hi again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi again.

I rather doubt I'm back back, but I felt like sticking my head in the door and saying hi.

Mrs. Deserted and I have moved... again... since the last time I was here, and let me tell you, it was rough. Made the move to Cowskull Town seem trivial by comparison. We're currently living in Formerly The Capitol Back When This Was A Territory, about an hour north of Suicidal Self-Resurrecting Burning Bird City, and, well, let's just say that we don't get along with cold and snow very well... but we just signed another 1-year lease, so we get to go through another winter hellscape. Sigh.

Lessee... the career change I mentioned last year never happened, but I'm in the middle of one right now -- as in, I start training Monday. Insurance, yay! The company I'm going to work for feels very... MLM-ish, but I'm holding out hopes that I'm misreading the vibes. And the writing on the wall. (On the other hand, Mrs. Deserted's brother-in-law worked insurance some time ago, and says that many insurance co's are MLM-ish, so maybe this is my life now.) Meanwhile, because of the way things work there, I'll still be driving after work, because pay doesn't start instantly, but hopefully that'll be over in a few weeks/months/decades/millennia/etc. -- and if it's not, well, I've been doing it for over 11 years, what's a few more months? (Aside from the fact that I've grown to loathe driving, but I digress.)

In the computing world... the game I was writing, what, 2 years ago? 3? Anyway, that never happened, but I'm working on another non-game app that might make me a few dollars (again, lunch money, not rent money) that might be ready "sometime soon," but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Welcome back, even if it's jut for a bit. Good luck to y'all on the job front and the cold front
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Welcome back! Sounds like you might have some stories for us soon. I kind of hope not, if that means things go well for you.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Even if you don't have stories of your own to share, you can at least see other peoples' and share empathy with them!

Good to have you back!
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
        X