X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chez Geek

Hey all!

I used to be a regular poster back in the OOOooooold days of CS. How far back? I remember when the "throttling cashier" cartoon first showed up. I saw the site was back (apparently has been back several times), and thought I'd stop back in.

Anyway, time for some background. My Grandfather and Father own a carpet, fabric, and upholstery shop, so I have a deep respect for people who have to deal with the public. I have a degree in Computer Science, and currently work for a medical billing company, making sure the computers work reasonably well for being six years out of date...

I have worked at an amusement park (KI in Cincinnati, for those who know it), print mill, eyewear manufacturer, camp councilor, Odd Lots warehouse/cashier, College computer room, Software tester, and CIS for the second largest government IT contractor. Believe it or not, I've never been fired. Laid off once (blasted dot-com economy ).

As to my name, I am a huge video game geek (XBox, XBox360, PS1, PS2, PSP, GBA, Gamecube, PC, Saturn, Dreamcast, SNES, NES, Genesis, Sega CD, Intellivision w/ Intellivoice, TSR-80 CoCo, and three magazine subscriptions, one imported from Great Britain [Edge, if you care] ), and I also watch anime (some fresh from Japan), read 50k+ pages of fantasy/sci-fi a year, play pen-and-paper RPGs a couple times a week, play miniature games, collect board games, keep up on quantum physics, and do logic puzzles for fun. I embrace my geekish-ness wholehartedly. My only regret is never having found a geek girl to have a long-term relationship with.

Anyway, that's me in a page. Howdy
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Heya!

Your first posts will be moderated (had an attack of trolls recently), so don't be surprised if they don't show up immediately.

Welcome aboard!

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
    X