This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New name, new career, new life

Hi. Many years ago (8 at least) I was Lottahardwerke, a math tutor. I ran out of stories and was pretty busy with my family, so I stopped posting.

So much has changed. I am a widow. To make a long story short, I needed to make more money, so I enrolled in a college of optometry. Four years, many odd jobs, and a residency later, a friend and I opened an optical store. We are doing fairly well, and I will pop in with an SC story from time to time.

Good to see that (Auntie) Ree is still around. The other people I remember from that time probably aren't here anymore: Diana; Ace of Diamonds; the lady who worked in an auto-body shop who gave very concise answers; the lady from Ohio with an infant/toddler who had the Powerpuff girls for an avatar; the librarian - I could go on and on.

I'm pretty busy, so I probably won't post much, but it's good to be back!
    Last edited by Gidgetdigit; 05-25-2010, 07:14 PM. Reason: Spelling is important.

Ace, as well as Yours Truly, became a mod probably around the time you left. He stopped coming to CS awhile back, not sure why.

Diana is still around. She posts as "Misanthropical" these days.

You also may or may not have noticed the site is under new ownership. Mr. S. is still here, although he's no longer the owner.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

back

There's other things to post about besides customers. Come in, sit a spell, share a waffle or two.
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Welcome back.

A lot of the "oldies" aren't around, but we have some pretty awesome members who have joined over the years.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Awesome that you started your own business.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          Ace, as well as Yours Truly, became a mod probably around the time you left. He stopped coming to CS awhile back, not sure why.

Diana is still around. She posts as "Misanthropical" these days.

You also may or may not have noticed the site is under new ownership. Mr. S. is still here, although he's no longer the owner.
          And of course I remember you! I remember when a group of posters, including you, met at a T station in Boston. I wanted to much to go there, too, but the timing was not good.

And Ree, you are right, there are many new posters who are very interesting. I have some very enjoyable reading ahead of me.

Comment

Quoth Gidgetdigit View Post
            I remember when a group of posters, including you, met at a T station in Boston.
            I wasn't in on that one, actually. Never even been to Boston. Sounds like it would have been fun, though.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I'm a n00b, by comparison, but good to meet you! I'm looking forward to reading the stories from the optical store.

I'm sorry about your loss.

The folks around here tend to be really great if you need to talk or vent about pretty much anything.
              The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Starting your own business must have taken so much courage. Good on you, Madame. Good on you.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                X