This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been gone, now back...

Not that I was gone for any real reason other than just little time to devote to online activities other than Facebook (my store markets on there) and school, and my aforementioned tobacco retail store (well, my and my husband's -yes i got remarried).

Anyway, things going well. I jumped back into the site here after seeing a facebook post about Plaidman from another CS member I am friends with on there.

I'm all done with culinary school as of May this year and I now have an AAS in Culinary Arts, graduating with a 3.6GPA.

Not doing much other than running the cigar shop right now as we cannot afford to even give ourselves a paycheck, let alone pay others to run it. I am quietly starting a personal culinary services biz.

Got an award for Historical Preservation for my interior design of the store from Anoka County Historical Preservation.

Got re-married this May (after I told myself I didn't want to again for a long time -neither did the DH-...yeah that self-promise didn't last too long with either of us, lol).

Anyhow, good to be back. Nice to see familiar names on here.

Oh, and the stories I have in memory that I have to tell about customers over this past year of being open...those will be posted over the next couple weeks, lol...
    Last edited by MadMike; 07-05-2011, 02:29 AM. Reason: Per CS's "No advertising" rule
    "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Welcome Back! Sounds like quite the busy time..

I love your dress. Congrats on the wedding and the degree
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You look gorgeous! And you both look so happy. Welcome back, and congratulations!
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Congratulations, and may your businesses both become rousing successes.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Omg! You look gorgeous!
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Beautiful dress, grats =)

I love the cigar website, very nicely done. You have a nice building, the windows with arches is so much nicer than the common glass blocks of the typical strip mall - being a venue for parties is a very nice idea.

Grats on graduating, and working in personal culinary services. I hope you can get a regular clientel going. I have a thing for guac, and your cheesecake looks amazing. Difficult to make tamales photogenic though =(

Fillet of Sole Malta [as opposed to maltaise, which is a hollandaise made with blood orange instead of vinaigrette or lemon]

Take a fillet of sole,place on one side of a parchement round [or foil] dust with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pink pepper, roll around a sprig of fresh thyme, skewer shit with a rosemary stem instead of a toothpick, drizzle with blood orange juice add a scant tsp of butter, close the papillote and bake as usual. Tasty as heck, reasonably low fat and low calorie.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              Beautiful dress, grats =)

I love the cigar website, very nicely done. You have a nice building, the windows with arches is so much nicer than the common glass blocks of the typical strip mall - being a venue for parties is a very nice idea.

Grats on graduating, and working in personal culinary services. I hope you can get a regular clientel going. I have a thing for guac, and your cheesecake looks amazing. Difficult to make tamales photogenic though =(

Fillet of Sole Malta [as opposed to maltaise, which is a hollandaise made with blood orange instead of vinaigrette or lemon]

Take a fillet of sole,place on one side of a parchement round [or foil] dust with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pink pepper, roll around a sprig of fresh thyme, skewer shit with a rosemary stem instead of a toothpick, drizzle with blood orange juice add a scant tsp of butter, close the papillote and bake as usual. Tasty as heck, reasonably low fat and low calorie.
              Thanks Accounting, and everyone else. That recipe looks AMAZING! I love blood orange anything!

The building was built in 1887, and the particular side we are occupying was Thurston's Mortuary from 1900 to 1967. It was then turned into a furniture store that went out of business in 1996 but the interior of the original mortuary was left in-tact. Every wall except two, is hand-laid plaster, along with plaster crown mouldings, a barrel-vault ceiling, and two sets of French doors (from the 1930's) with the original lead pane glass. The front windows and the side ones along the back in the lounge are also originals, save for a few panels that had to be replaced last summer. We even found some of the old brass lighting fixtures and I incorperated them into the design/look.

If you see the facebook page of us, I have photos of when we found it and the finished product. All my design/ideas. Really, I just brought out the beauty that this place already had.
              Last edited by FuzzyKitten99; 07-04-2011, 01:21 AM. Reason: ETA:added a few tidbits
              "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Welcome back! Congrats to you and your hubby!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                X