Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dropped in specifically to see this thread, idrinkarum told me. I might not be around here anymore, but I'm saddened by the loss of Plaidman. There's not a lot I can say about him that hasn't been mentioned by other people.

I did want to add though - in addition to calling suicide prevention lines if you are feeling like it might be an option for you, they are apparently willing to help if you call because you don't know how to help a friend. After a friend committed suicide last year, one of the guys explained that he used to call the suicide help line and explain what this friend had been doing, and how he had responded, was there a better way next time? And they were quite helpful. It's not something that you can be expected to prevent, but if you're feeling helpless because of a friend, it's a resource for you too.

Comment

• Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      If you're in the region and able to attend, I think they'd like the company. If you're not, please remember him in your own way.

Rapscallion
      I know I sound like a broken record and a spammer but people can always make donation to the NFNetwork.org in his name ("Driver" Liles). I donated yesterday though their PayPal link, I emailed them asking them to put it in his name and memory.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• With having to deal with Neurofibromatosis (even though it is not me, but hubby) I understand some of what Plaidman was dealing with. Hubby and my hope is that with this happening and the other CSers reaching out to learn about and make donations in his memory, that more people can be accepting of those with NF and the money donated could finally find a cure.

The gene that causes NF was discovered 21 years ago. Medicines have been tried to control the fibroma growths. Treatments have been found to help to shrink the internal fibromas that they can not remove surgically. The researchers say that once a cure was NF is found a cure for cancer is not far behind.

HUBBY:

There is a couple of comments that I would like to make. For Plaidman I truly understand. Within a five month time period, I had 12 suicide attempts. I understand all the pain physically that has to be lived with, especially when a fibroma has its roots on a nerve. I can go into greater detail to anyone who want to have a conversation. Just ask. As for Plaidman, please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. I will look forward to talk when asked

Comment

• I just want to say that no matter how depressed you get, no matter how much you think nobody cares, no matter how awful everything seems, there is never a case where you can just check out and not hurt a whole bunch of people in the process.

Couple years ago, a good friend of mine, (another Kinkoid, in fact) killed himself in a rather messy way and was found by his best friend. He'd left a note on the door "call the police and don't go inside."

Well, dumbass, your buddy went inside. Who the fuck wouldn't?

So yeah. I was at that memorial service and I saw what kind of state his best friend was in. In fact, nobody was in a much better condition, including me. (I think I must have mentioned that Kinko's let the entire store go to a memorial service and got other Kinkoid's from neighboring cities to cover the shift. This was why.)

My friend's name was Jaimey, and I loved him. And I'd like to kick him right in the nuts.

I know there are a lot of depressed people on here. I have been there. I have had that dark night of the soul. I have thought about the pistol in my nightstand in that dark night. There, I said. Who hasn't had that night. Let's just be honest here.

It gets better. God is my witness, it gets better. Your problems are temporary. Someone cares. Probably more someones than you think. Call someone and give them a chance to talk you down so they don't hate you and worse, hate themselves. Don't cheat yourself out of something beautiful that is most likely in your future.

I am happy and have a wonderful life. What I have now was worth every drop of blood and pain and sweat I had to spend to get here. I think back to that night and have to sit down until the shaking stops.

Comment

• former's husband has a good point on the pain that follows having a fibroid which has it's roots on a nerve... it's even more painful when you have that removed. it takes a long time for it to heal. i had one removed and i still get twinges from the area.. but i know it's healing

Comment

• Sandman, Hubby is about to have one removed from his ankle that the roots have gone between the bones. I am not looking forward to the pain he will have while it heals.

Quoth draggar View Post
              I know I sound like a broken record and a spammer but people can always make donation to the NFNetwork.org in his name ("Driver" Liles). I donated yesterday though their PayPal link, I emailed them asking them to put it in his name and memory.
              One of the services they provide is a summer camp for kids with NF so they can meet others their own age and adults that can guide them through problems. A friend of ours from our local support group serves as an adult mentor at the camp every year. I think Plaidman would get a kick knowing that some of the money donated in his name will go help children with NF
              Last edited by Dave1982; 07-05-2011, 08:07 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

• I'm going to chime in and add my voice to those who are willing to talk to you and listen in return. I, too, have been in that same dark place that so many others here have been. I went so far as to figure out how I would do it... and then my boyfriend had a patient who attempted it using the method I had chosen, and he refused to tell me how he felt about that. That told me enough.

It also told me that you can't leave this place without hurting so many others.

So, please. If not the others who have volunteered, I'll listen. Send me a PM and I'll give you a way to reach me. I'm on here most every day so I'll get it soon.

I care here. We care here.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

• I'm also going to toss my hat in the ring as someone people can contact if they need to talk. I don't post that much but I'm on here all the time, and I check my email several times a day. I'm not much available over the weekends, but I have a lot of free time during the week. I have FB, skype, and while I don't have a chat program on my computer right now, I'd be happy to download one again. If anyone wants to talk, just send me a PM.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

• I've been in that dark place myself a few times in the past. Luckily I think I've gotten past that stuff. My life isn't perfect but it's pretty good and I can feel happy a good deal of the time.

I'm starting to feel myself heal a little bit from this. But it is true that when someone does something like this it leaves a lot of people hurt, more than you may ever know. Plaid accomplished something great ..he touched the lives of people around the world. And he wasn't aware of that.

I lost another dear friend to suicide many years ago...and it took me a long time to get over that one. It's going to take me a long time to get over this, if I ever do. But the key difference this time is that there is this big network of friends, something I didn't have before. So I'm glad about that.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• A floral arrangement has been ordered and will be delivered to the funeral home tomorrow morning, before the service.

The arrangement is on behalf of everyone here at CS. The card will read: "For Driver, who was much loved by so many at CS.com".

No financial contributions will be accepted towards the flowers. However, anyone who would like to contribute something is reminded that the family has requested donations to The Children's Tumor Foundation.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

• This is for the mods:

You are awesome. Forever.
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Thank you, Mods. It's good to have a way to say good bye.
                          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

• Good job, Boozy (and other mods).
                            Quote Dalesys:
                            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• yes, thank you thank you thank you

earlier was looking around in the cs comic page with hubs and we found an old one
                              hope its not too soon for good memories and smiles

brain bleach!

also added this comic, some of Thelma and Louis and some from his photo album here to the photobucket
                              EDIT: also thank you Miss Breeden

Comment

• That's great......I'm sure his mom will really appreciate the flowers.
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X